The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Unprocessed trauma driving the Israel/Palestine Conflict > Comments

Unprocessed trauma driving the Israel/Palestine Conflict : Comments

By Annabel McGoldrick, published 10/8/2015

Trauma is not primarily imprinted on people's consciousness but instead becomes deeply embedded in people's sensate experiences.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Perhaps, but then when has an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth been the rational acts of rational people, who will even create children just for the express and entirely indifferent callous purpose of creating a new brand of living human bombs/shields?

That very outcome must have its origins in a hell of a lot of unexpressed trauma; or impossible to believe hate!? Can it ever end?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 10 August 2015 11:26:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I enjoyed reading this insightful article which provided a good deal of food for thought.
I really like it when I can read an article on the Israel / Palestine conflict and its free of the one-sided finger-pointing arguments I'm used to.

As a side note, I myself have witnessed on this forum and elsewhere behavior where pro Israel supporters have acted like Nazi Kommandants, so I believe the authors assumptions have merit.

I'd like to give her credit for an excellent article.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 12 August 2015 7:58:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been tempted to offer psychological explanations for this situation... insofar as it seems arguable that Israel and Palestine's respective behaviour could be put down to kleptomania on Israel's and pyromania chez Palestine.

But this illustrates the problem with psychoanalysing a country - it's essentially the projection of a comfortingly reassuring assumption, rather than a proper investigation into what's actually going on.
Posted by Sam Jandwich, Monday, 17 August 2015 1:58:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy