The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Overcoming the Israeli-Palestinian psychosocial barrier > Comments

Overcoming the Israeli-Palestinian psychosocial barrier : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 17/7/2015

The current young generation of Israelis and Palestinians need to see each other through a different lens and adjust psychologically to accept that coexistence is irrevocable.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Well that was a breath of fresh air.
Someone wanting to break down the walls instead of building them up.
Nice Job.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 17 July 2015 3:16:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alon Ben-Meir are you in dreamland or Disneyland?

“ Thousands of Israelis and Palestinians should be able to cross security checkpoints in both directions”

Israelis aren’t the issue here, the Arabs are.

If you recall they were the people killing and maiming hundreds of Israelis daily, so much so every day when people said goodbye to their loved ones, they never knew if they’d see them again.

Terror attacks against Israeli civilians occurred in every possible place in Israel.

In coffee shops and restaurants, on dozens of buses, in the middle of the street,restaurants, children as they slept in their beds were being killed by bombs and with knives and guns.

Among the thousands of Israeli people who were murdered and injured, there were hundreds of children. Some of the attacks were deliberately intended against children and youth.

You want Arabs to just come and go in and out of Israel without question do you?

Dream away, Why do you think it was necessary t build the security barrier and why do you think Egypt has done the very same thing.?
Posted by SF, Friday, 17 July 2015 10:51:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Well that was a breath of fresh air.//

Bit rich, isn't it, to be discussing breaths of fresh air when millions of people choked to death in Nazi gas chambers as a direct result of cyanide poisoning?

One might almost be inclined to think that you don't care for all of those innocent women and children, condemned to an horrific death because they picked the wrong religion. One might almost be inclined to think that you have some sort of deep-seated antipathy towards the Jewish people.

One might be forced to conclude that you are a raving anti-semite.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 17 July 2015 11:46:06 PM
This article talks about trade,healthcare, mutual funding by both governments.
The Israelies require non of those things from the Palestinians.

Their side of the fence is a well run, hard working, prosperous community
That provides excellent hospitals and healthcare and jobs for their people
Unlike the Palestinian side who seem to be incapable of the intelligence and
Capability it takes to create a community like this

That's why the Palestinians always attack the Jews because they desperately want

To drive the Jews off and grab the spoils and the things they don't have on their side
Of the fence. the only trouble is, it would only be a few years with them in
Charge before Israel would be a rundown poverty area full of human misery again.

Anyway this won't be solved by talking and nice gestures, As long as the Jews and Arabs refuse to marry each other the problem remains a biological one.
Tribal (bloodline)war over the territory.
By the way, terrorist attacks are not terrorist attacks but territorial attacks.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 18 July 2015 8:25:38 PM
Toni,
I reflected upon the idea that its good to see people working towards peaceful initiatives..
And from that you find some reason to call me anti-semite.

All you people who support Israel support war crimes occurring today.
Don't bother judging me, don't waste either of our time.
Go take a look in the mirror if you want to find someone racist and immoral.

I don't need to bow down and kiss your behinds just because I wont agree with the sale of goods you're trying to get everybody else to buy into.

I wont support killing innocent women and kids. Simple.

WW2 ended 70yrs ago Toni.
There's no more Nazi's alive to prosecute.
And my family fought on the side that liberated you so shut the hell up unless you want to show some thanks to my families sacrifice for a war you people provoked.

I don't have to justify myself to any of you and quite honestly the responses show more discrimination towards me than and of my criticisms of Israel disrespect any of you.

I'll tell you what i think.

I think the people who support Israel are nothing more than 'useful idiots' that serve a purpose of stifling any criticism of Zionism.

And I think that if Australians got around the planet saying anti-Australian this and anti-Australian that then it wouldn't be long before the whole world saw us as a bunch of chronic whingers and would start saying to themselves "who the hell do these people think they are" - and be resentful towards our high horse attitude.

Moral to the story - You bring it on yourself.

You will always be the victims, as long as you keep screaming to the world that you are.

And either you do this by design, on purpose, or you are idiots.

All the Nazi's are dead or in nursing homes.
Get the hell over it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 19 July 2015 5:41:38 AM
CHERFUL,

I gotta say it hey.

You statement makes me think of "cutting a birds wings off and making fun of it that it can't fly."

How would you like it if someone came and put a knife in your spine and then made fun of you for the rest of your life for being a paraplegic in a wheelchair?

I don't think you'd appreciate it.

You pro Israel people sometimes come up with the dumbest arguments.
Like trying to impress upon us how much of a great idea it would be to bomb a nuclear facilities.
Or that BDS is bad when you yourselves did it to Germany prior to the beginning of WW2.

Palestine has been under Israeli occupation.
Israel keeps destroying the place itself every few years, profits from the occupation, deliberately targets women, kids and infrastructure and makes efforts to undermine any economical advance by the Palestinian people.

And you want to make fun of them that they aren't able to get themselves together?

Pathetic.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 19 July 2015 5:59:38 AM
AC,

Step 1: the various Palestinian authorities recognise the right of Israel to exist, and of its people not to be pushed into the sea.

Step 2: .......
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 19 July 2015 10:15:27 AM
This is an excellent article by an intelligent and moderate academic from the Jewish diaspora. It provides a framework for peace and a role model for other countries that are experiencing similar problems. We truly believe that the Palestinians and the Jews can overcome the current stumbling blocks which have been erected by hardliners. Both the Palestinians and the Jews need to elect moderate leaders who want peace and prosperity and not perpetual war and destruction. The Jews have a proud tradition of living in peace and harmony with diverse cultures as have the Palestinians.
Posted by Macedonian advocacy, Sunday, 19 July 2015 5:18:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy