The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The bear, not the elephant, in the living room > Comments

The bear, not the elephant, in the living room : Comments

By Jonathan J. Ariel, published 13/7/2015

How the euro crisis could benefit Russian imperialist ambitions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
But there is an argument that finances can be done Greek style.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 13 July 2015 10:42:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, it is as plain as the nose on your face, if the German line prevails and Greece is forced to leave the euro, it will be forced straight into the arms of the Russian bear!

I thought the deal offered by a very nearly bankrupt Greece was more than reasonable and should have been accepted!

I mean, Does a patently hostile Germany believe that Russian expansionist ambitions stop at the Ukrainian border?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 13 July 2015 10:44:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Rhrosty

Beware of Greeks not bearing repayments!

Like the Germans the Greek Army are the last word in military efficiency.

Watch this Greek changing of the Guard https://youtu.be/t2UpIIAwHqM . These exalted few are more than just Daffy Duck impersonators in bunny slippers.
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 13 July 2015 2:35:49 PM
plantagenet

You say:

“Beware of Greeks not bearing repayments”!

Spot on.
And I am sure Frau Merkel would agree, but sadly it seems like someone in the White House leaned heavily on her to lend her taxpayers' money (not his) to those who cannot pay back what they have already borrowed, let alone repay any new loans.

Rhosty

I note you are somewhat hostile to the folk who have allowed the Greeks to live well beyond their means for years.

Why?

Surely the Germans are entitled to their money back and if they wish, to cease spooning out any new “loans”.

As to Russia expanding in its own neighbourhood...…I wonder? Is that such a bad thing?
Posted by Jonathan J. Ariel, Monday, 13 July 2015 9:21:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy