The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The living dead > Comments

The living dead : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 10/7/2015

Who would have thought that the vampire franchise would succour so many movies, television series and novels?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Sells,

>>physiological science can demonstrate that consciousness does rely on the proper working of the brain <<

This is obvious. It is like saying that one can demonstrate that driving a car does rely on the proper working of the car. What is not so obvious is the conclusion that hence the car can drive itself, i.e. that there is no need to assume the existence of a driver because his existence cannot be deduced from what is in the car mechanic’s manual. (Yes, I know the metaphor limps, since soon driverless cars will be common.)

Or - to repeat what I wrote above but got it somehow distorted - today only a few literalists and historicists believe that e.g. the Earth was created in six days some 5000 years ago, although a few centuries ago that was a universal Christian belief. They have a conflict with natural science, which is not the case with belief in personal salvation (unless naively understood) since this belief is irrelevant to what science can or cannot “demonstrate”.
Posted by George, Wednesday, 15 July 2015 9:05:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy