The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Nuclear knockout nowhere near nailed > Comments

Nuclear knockout nowhere near nailed : Comments

By David Singer, published 10/4/2015

President Obama seems to have been unduly optimistic in triumphantly proclaiming the success of the P5+1 talks with Iran in Lausanne.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Well, you would say that, wouldn't you David!?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 10 April 2015 1:06:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep Rhrosty

We can rely on one thing. Sayan Singer's articles never change.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 10 April 2015 3:18:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhrosty,

What exactly are you objecting to?

There are indeed material documented differences between the English and Farsi versions of the 'understanding', or are you disputing those differences?

The outcome of the P5+1 talks is a major letdown, following the repeated announcements that an agreement must be reached by the end of March. It's basically business as usual - let's continue the status quo as we have been for the past decade or so and postpone any further discussion to the future. I will be extremely surprised if any agreement is actually signed by the June 30 deadline.
Posted by Avw, Friday, 10 April 2015 4:50:59 PM
Avw

The US accepted Pakistan's right (US knew all about it - in the media) to build a nuclear deterrent against already nuclear India.

Why shouldn't the US be democratic and humantarian in permitting Iran that right against very nuclear armed Israel?

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 10 April 2015 9:18:05 PM
Pete

There is one small difference that is quite relevant to this discussion: Pakistan has never claimed that its ambition is to wipe India off the map, whereas Iran has been repeatedly promising to do exactly that to Israel. The Iranian regime tells you clearly what they would like to do, and you suggest giving them the means to do it?
Posted by Avw, Saturday, 11 April 2015 11:42:31 AM
Avw: Read my post again and identify where in that single sentence I have objected to, or disputed anything!?

You'd have to put words in my mouth I just didn't say or go the verbal to find a single, inferred by you, example!

All I've noted is David's same old same old/broken record (pro-Israel) rhetoric!

Which by the way, seems to shift attention away from the endless illegal new settlements! (His goal?) The real seemingly insolvable problem in that part of the world!?

Perhaps we need to wait just a little longer, to see if the east and west can reach a workable agreement with Iran, before we bomb them and any chance whatsoever, to hell and away forever, from an enduring peace!

And unless settled, it probably is only a question of time before Iran acquires some IBM's from an increasingly sympathetic, more radicalized, sabre rattling Pakistan; looking for an unholy unjust cause to become?

And with only one possible goal!? A first strike/killer blow; and a new ally against India!?

I mean, one doesn't need the wisdom of Solomon, to understand this thing not only needs to get no bigger or gather more players, but must be settled for once and for all!

There's a much bigger picture here, and much more important than the survival of a single imposed occupying nation; but rather, that of the entire M.E; or indeed, the entire planet!

And hardly helped by the same old Singer song! You'd think they'd---?

I don't know who they are, but they've got so much to answer for; and from Hyde Park to Hallswell.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 11 April 2015 11:59:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy