The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why politics has become so bad > Comments

Why politics has become so bad : Comments

By Syd Hickman, published 3/2/2015

The fact that leadership change within major parties is now an annual event shows the entire political establishment to be out of touch with the Australian public.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Aidan,
You mean the article on men? It claims that 39% of men partake of no social activities at all and it's illustrated in the graphic.

Gaudian,
No, not necessarily,I think politics could radically change for the better if the conservative viewpoints of Third World migrants came to influence party platforms.
Most of the people arriving here as migrants are already "White" in quotation marks, they speak English, they have a western style education, they're law abiding,they aspire to the same standard of living as we do and so forth.
Political activism is already a predominantly White, elitist occupation, I make no secret of my racism but it's not an ideological position, the people I identify as the enemies of my people are the White elites.
The current White ruling class are leading us toward a society something along the lines of Malaysia or Singapore with a small Anglo elite and a narrow Chinese rentier class with a lot of impoverished Whites and Asians making up the bulk of the population.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 2:22:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay,

I don't think we'll see any such viewpoints on third world migration to Australia. For the last few decades conservatives of all persuasions have had the rug pulled under their feet time and time again. When they try to regroup, what they were fighting for had already been lost and a new offensive had begun; each time they became more and more diluted in their conviction and public image to the point we can today mockingly ask them "what exactly is left for you to conserve?"
Posted by Gaudium, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 5:16:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay,
Yes that's what I mean. It claims 39% of men are not involved in any of the listed activities. That doesn't mean they partake of no social activiities at all, let alone that "40% of Australian men have no friends,no social circle and are not involved with the community beyond paid work".
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 5:32:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Washington neo-liberalism, empire building and the military industrial complex behind it
Transnational ownership and corruption of all large media in Line with Washington agenda
Dumbing down of the education system and the theft of our intellectual history
Dumbing down of public debate thru the misuse of political correctness to disrupt reason
Posted by YEBIGA, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 6:40:22 PM
Aidan,
That's a pretty comprehensive list, I take it to mean that 39% of the men surveyed have no social life beyond work.

Gaudium,
No I mean that people from the Third World usually hold conservative or shall we say traditionalist views, Islam, Catholicism, Pentecostal Christianity etc. Those values might be one way to rehabilitate political parties, both sides are currently bogged down in Leftist identity politics, the coalition having gone down the "Social Justice" rabbit hole can no more escape that paradigm than can Labor or the Greens.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 3 February 2015 7:11:33 PM
Jay

‘For a party to grow a supporter base it has to appeal to young men, the only way forward is through the energy and aggression of youthful, heterosexual males who have some sense of the value of their own posterity, when a party has that base the young women will also want to participate and a natural rather than artificial gender ratio will emerge.’

Yes, this is the way of the patriarchy. Men lead/women follow. Men active/women passive.

The old parties based their support base on this gender-exploitive foundation – indeed, they barely even factored women into their power equation. Women were bound up into a patriarchal package nebulously defined as ‘family issues’. Give them some child endowment and, later, Family Tax Benefit A and/or B and they’ll happily go back to fretting over what colour to paint the bathroom and signing up for yoga lessons.

The society in which the old parites were formed was based on the prevailing belief that women existed only as the domestic servants, homemakers and playthings of men – a belief that women dutifully accepted in the absence of any alternative..

That was how it was and it worked for a time. However, women got sick and tired of this crap and started politicising for themselves.

One of the major problems for the old parties is that they were overwhelmingly geared towards men’s interests and operated through the power struggles between powerful males. It was assumed that what was good for men was automatically good for women by default.

The hysterical, but very successful, backlash against Julia Guillard was a major defeat for women. However, a just cause is never vanquished by mean-spirited power hegemonies. Any so-called ‘way forward’ has to include women as full-fledged political participators.
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 4 February 2015 1:53:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy