The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is society becoming more extreme? > Comments

Is society becoming more extreme? : Comments

By Mal Fletcher, published 22/1/2015

Too much polarisation results in a shrinking middle ground and the growth of alienation, bitterness and recrimination.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
"Love me or hate me, this is what I think is important"

That's just what the murdered people at Charlie Hebdo said.
Do you honestly think that there is no risk in having a go at Muslims.

There are nutters among them, one such became a terrorist and murderer in Martin Place just last month.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 January 2015 6:06:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The people at Charlie Hebdo had names.

skulk in your corner, gutless wonder...
Posted by Craig Minns, Sunday, 25 January 2015 6:11:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here I skulk, reasonably secure,
I don't mean to be mean,
But society is becoming extreme,
Of that I am sure.

In fact some posters are resorting to playing the man and not the ball.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 25 January 2015 6:55:42 PM
Thank you for that quote, Craig Minns. I have cut and pasted that quote in the "clangers" file I have on you.

The next time that you come on OLO pretending that you are the font of all politeness, and begin wagging your finger at your opponents blunt replies, I will hurl that quote back in your face.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 27 January 2015 6:12:12 AM
Me, polite? I've not often been accused of that...
Posted by Craig Minns, Tuesday, 27 January 2015 7:21:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy