The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > GST is not the only option for federal tax reform > Comments

GST is not the only option for federal tax reform : Comments

By Peter Hendy, published 23/12/2014

Commonwealth governments should look again at income tax sharing arrangements.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Look I do appreciate the fact that you are in earnest, and that you recognise that circularity would invalidate your argument, and believe it is not circular.

For my part, I am prepared to accept that governmental provision of service could be better in given circumstances, if it could be demonstrated in some way that avoided logical fallacy. However I can’t seem to find any argument for it that, when followed up, does not originally assume it.

Can you see that any question of what the tax base or tax rate should be, presupposes that government would be better at spending the money, by which we mean not spending it per se, but getting better results?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 8 January 2015 7:42:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan
Can you see that any question of what the tax base or tax rate should be, presupposes that government would be better at spending the money, by which we mean not spending it per se, but getting better results?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 9 January 2015 9:00:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy