The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When community becomes real > Comments

When community becomes real : Comments

By Luke Johnson, published 22/12/2014

Now consider the unmediated demonstration of communion driving the 'I'll ride with you' hashtag.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Certainly it's nothing to feel cynical about.

What is to feel cynical about is whether *at any time* the so-called "well-respected and well-intentioned leaders" [translation: politicians] represent us [translation: society] better than we represent society by our consensual activities.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Monday, 22 December 2014 8:56:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<< an earnest attempt to reach out to another human being in a time of uncertainty (Luke Johnsons words not mine)>>

More the case of an attempt to play the old lefty meme that the real culprit was and is racist anglo-Ozzies
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 22 December 2014 9:03:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So when we get a few Muslims deciding it might be better to try to become one of us, rather than wearing that scarf, & shouting to the world they are not one of us, the lefties want to stop it happening.

I guess they must think there are more left votes in a separate Muslim community, than an integrated one.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 22 December 2014 9:35:01 AM
SPQR,
Yeah #illridewithyou actually backfired on it's creator, the unhinged and anglophobic Tessa Kum, it showed the real character of White Australians and exposed "Islamophobia" as a myth.
The Sydney Siege hasn't changed anything, everything that's come out of it we already knew beforehand:
MUSLIM HATE IN AUSTRALIA | SOCIAL EXPERIMENT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZVqUU_R9Vc
The other lesson is that violence simply doesn't work against multiculturalism, it makes it stronger that's why racists like me never use violent tactics, it's an instant win for the other side. Anyone who is talking up violence is obviously working for multiculturalism not against it, Frank Salter in his critique of multiculturalism identifies a multiculturalist extreme right.
Nathan Abela, Ralph Cerminara and Nick Folkes aren't what they appear to be, these so called defence leagues and dangerous "neo nazis" have suspiciously close relationships with the state security groups, with Zionist groups like the Q Society and the Liberal party.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 22 December 2014 9:53:34 AM
Yes JKJ and hear, hear!

Incidentally, during the relatively recent filming of an ABC documentary about visiting Indians, and while the crew were still filming, the worse incidence of in your face racial abuse, replete with a vehemently spat barrage of expletives I've ever witnessed, was proffered by bearded brown faced, offensive sign posting Arabs, Lebanese or Egyptians?

Who were on the streets of Sydney and apparently trying to support other Islamist communities, trying to harm/disable Indian interests or democracy itself; at every possible public opportunity?
And exceptionally adept at the mindless conflict thing!

With the barrage only ceasing and the "gentlemen" becoming the very epitome of good manners, goodwill, honey sweet civility and good graces, once they discovered the cameras were still rolling!
Talk about two completely different faces!

It seems one doesn't have to be either white or Anglo to have an authentic Ozzie accent, or full vocabulary of antipodean colloquial expletives/obscenities; or indeed, an intensely antisocial attitude!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 22 December 2014 10:01:13 AM
Hanbeen,

You're pretty good with the hammer, you hit that nail right on the head.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 22 December 2014 10:43:09 AM
To add some context - this appears to be the Blogspot for Tessa Kum mentioned earlier. http://silence-without.blogspot.com.au/

I don't agree with all that she says, to much of the standard "progressive" blind spots but perhaps a decent person dealing with life from her own perspectives as most of us are.

Just as I struggle to really understand what it's like for women dealing with street abuse (but at least I try) Tessa shows in her comments a distinct lack of understanding of the reality for most men when dealing with those same thugs and abusers and the choices we need to make in response.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 22 December 2014 11:28:59 AM
It seems to me that the huge popular response to this over-hyped event fits within the criticism of the popular "news" media described in this essay:
http://www.beezone.com/AdiDa/ScientificProof/hypocrisyofpopdisgust.html
The last paragraph is particularly relevant.

An media hyped event that was blown completely out of proportion, especially by the Murdoch "news". The day after the Australian featured 5 pages on this event - most of the front page, and all of the next four pages.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 22 December 2014 12:01:21 PM
Robert, social media is the platform of choice for anti social people, her lack of insight is total, she's so involved in her own head that she's clearly developed an anti social personality disorder.
Tessa Kum is on the same level of self pity and self indulgence as Man Monis, or Ismaayl Brinsley, she's presenting herself and people like her as being persecuted, oppressed and put upon by mainstream society, everything is always someone else's fault.
Tessa's grudge against Whites comes from her own identity crisis and the fact that she's too unstable and lacks the talent to succeed as a science fiction writer.
Mixed Asian/White kids do seem to suffer more than other mixed race people, she's not the first to let it all out in a blog either:

http://stuffeurasianslike.wordpress.com/
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 22 December 2014 12:46:51 PM
What's more Tessa Kum herself hasn't really gained much attention from the "right" apart from an article on Breitbart which has been re posted on other sites.
For a lonely, mentally unwell attention seeker even this coverage is validation of her neurotic rambling as prior to last Monday her writing talent seems to have been poured into epic,10,000 word bigoted screeds on her blog than anything constructive.
A roundup of the most popular pro White blogs produces these results:
http://therightstuff.biz/2014/12/16/illridewithyou-status-signalling-more-important-than-cultural-dialogue/#more-12346
http://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2014/12/when-disasters-and-madmen-happen.html
The other influential sites like Counter Currents, Radix Journal and The Occidental Observer didn't even cover the events in Martin Place and I suspect that Tessa Kum is just being harassed by other shut ins, nutcases and losers like herself rather than racists and right wingers.
As I said in earlier posts I'm an ideological racist, I can speak for other racists when I say my first and only question is always "Is this good for Whites?". On the whole the #illridewithyou meme has been beneficial to White Australians, it's brought them together, it's cleared their minds of any nonsense about a pervading culture of bigotry and intolerance and once again shown us to be wonderful, generous and peace loving people.
Yes, for sure there are other questions to be asked about race, diversity and social cohesion and yes this outrage was a direct attack upon a political system and way of life I'd like to see disappear from White society but on the whole the response to Monis has laid the groundwork for more positive discussions of Whiteness and the future of Whites as an ethnic group.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 22 December 2014 1:23:03 PM
If Nazis were committing atrocities in every place where they inhabited, abducting girls and raping them, detonating bombs in market places, shooting schoolchildren dead, and threatening to kill anybody who criticised Nazism, Luke Johnson would probably be sneery of anyone he saw walking down a Sydney street with a Nazi armband on his or her shoulder.

But with Islam, a different standard applies.

Luke is another tolerance fanatic who dreams of creating a multicultural nirvana, and who has to keep coming up with excuses when it keeps blowing up in his face. His present excuse is to play the luvvie game of "we are all Australians", which is a bit funny when one remembers that when Tony Abbott demanded that every person living in Australia be on "Team Australia's" side, Luke's peers went into overdrive denouncing such a policy as nationalism.

If Luke loves the idea of social cohesion, he should have been a bit more picky in the type of immigrant he wanted to import into Australia. Importing Muslims who's religious philosophy demands social exclusion and hostility to all non Muslims, was a stupid idea. Now when to predicted violence and hostility manifests itself, Luke blames the victims of Muslim hostility and goes into bat for the perpetrators.

Planet Earth to Luke. Muslim have holy scriptures that demands that they despise and even kill non Muslims, and almost everything they believe in terms of social and cultural beliefs is diametrically opposite to what we believe. They have been nothing but a pain in the butt in every western country that they have infested. But people with your stupid mindset will never see the self evident truth that is right in front of your faces.

Your belief in multiculturalism overpowers your ability to think rationally or think in terms of self preservation. Your mind just clicks into "minorities must be protected", "nationalism is racism", and "Australians are all racists" mode, and your critical analysis circuits shut down. You then write an article which is pure doublethink which makes Australians the oppressors and Muslim the victims.
Posted by LEGO, Tuesday, 23 December 2014 3:19:21 AM
LEGO,
It's no big deal for people like Luke to prostrate themselves before Muslims because they see non Whites as inferior to themselves, somewhere between pets and children.
http://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2014/11/pets-of-convenience.html
If there really were nationalists getting about the streets of Sydney the Left would be shooting them dead and bombing the places where they congregate, like they're doing in Greece and Russia.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 23 December 2014 7:09:46 AM
Left, right, wrong...can all be ghettos if we fail to build bridges with the materials of our common humanity. I loved the sentiment "I'll ride with you" so moved I'm writing a song about it called "my brothers keeper".
Posted by interestedperson, Tuesday, 23 December 2014 2:42:11 PM
Human beings are tribal and territorial, Mr interestedperson. It's in our DNA. Birds of a feather just keep flocking together, regardless of what humanitarian idealists dream about. And birds of a feather really don't like it when birds of a different feather invade their territory.
Posted by LEGO, Friday, 26 December 2014 4:55:50 PM
interestedperson,

We can solve all the problems by all becoming Muslims.

Quite easy and painless:
"How to Convert to Islam - The Testimony of Faith (Shahada)

Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.” Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim.

The first part, “There is no true deity but God,” means that none has the right to be worshipped but God alone, and that God has neither partner nor son. The second part means that Muhammad was a true Prophet sent by God to humankind.

To be a Muslim, one should also:

- Believe that the Holy Quran is the literal word of God, revealed by Him.

- Believe that the Judgment Day (Resurrection Day) is true and will come.

- Believe in the prophets that God sent and the books He revealed, and in His angels.

- Accept Islam as his/her religion.

- Not worship anything nor anyone except God.

It is that easy! ...."

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/204/
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 26 December 2014 6:12:29 PM
Yes Mise it is that easy but trying to leave the faith is a whole different kettle of fish. Execution etc.
Posted by Sparkyq, Tuesday, 30 December 2014 9:51:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy