The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Will 2014 be the hottest year ever? > Comments

Will 2014 be the hottest year ever? : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 16/12/2014

Why would the WMO not wait until January 1st, when it could say whatever it wanted to say with at least 365 days of data?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Why has no one blamed Putin for the dodgy science or the warming weather or the cooling weather?
Ah hell, let's blame him for the lot!
Posted by halduell, Tuesday, 16 December 2014 4:18:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't think so, Hal :) Although his economy depends so much on oil and coal, as you have probably pointed out many times in your endless search for AGW culprits ? Russia as a major contributor to AGW ? I don't think so.

Yes, he's a total b@stard, but not in the AGW sense. An invader, a bully, a philanderer, a funder of terrorism, a KGB torturer, a braggart, yes, but not responsible for much AGW. Don't be so hard on him !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 December 2014 4:56:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Loudmouth,

Apparently you didn't understnd what I wrote. I want 365 consecutive days, but they don't have to start at Jan. 1 and end at Dec. 31.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 16 December 2014 6:11:00 PM
David,

Why bother ? Why not, for convenience and standardisation, compare years which go from 1 Jan to 31 Dec and be done with it ?

I was out but did that bloke on SBS go on about the Bangla tectonic plate, or the loss of silt in the Nile Delta, to explain what seems to be sea-level rise in Bangla Desh and Egypt ? Did he explain how Pacific atolls are constantly sinking - that's how atolls grow ? Did he point out that sea-levels in the Gulf of Mexico are rising because of the depletion of oil, gas and solid materials from the coastal areas by the oil industry ?

Would that it were a simple world ! Would that every man spoke truly. Ah, that such wickedness should be !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 December 2014 10:34:50 PM
Dear Loudmouth,

The article complained that 2014 was referred to when the year was not over. There was no data for the end of 2014. Therefore a better approximation could be obtained by including the last few days of 2013.

Jan 1 to Dec 31 is fine if there is data for the whole year. For 2014 we don't have data for the entire year.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 16 December 2014 10:54:22 PM
Then we wait a few weeks :)
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 17 December 2014 6:16:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy