The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Unemployed ? Get used to it ! > Comments

Unemployed ? Get used to it ! : Comments

By Geoff Lines, published 2/12/2014

Youth Unemployment is hitting 20% in some areas of Australia. Well, get used to it. In 30-50 years unemployment will average at least 33% for everyone!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
To all who have commented. Thank you.

A special thanks to Aidan Yes my calculations were wrong. You are right. Storage is now .005 cents per MB. Slight brain fade there.

I love the comments and the discussion.

A couple of points.

I am not a Luddite. I have more technology in my home than most. Use computers for watching TV, streaming music, creating music. video conferencing, security cameras etc. Hell I even sms my kids in their bedrooms to tell them dinner is ready.

But what I do see is a convergence of efficiency to live and the growth of the population as reaching a point where something has to change.

When the loom was created in 1875 here were only 1.3 million people on the planet. Now there's 7 billion.

As to dragging people out of poverty. Ok then lets ignore the 3 billion now living in poverty. https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-global-poverty

As to we will never run out of resources. We use 1.5 planets worth of resources a year. http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/GFN/page/world_footprint/

And Rhrosty I do agree the inmates have taken over the asylum.

The whole point of the essay was to get comments and feedback and to get people thinking and talking. Also thanks to all those who have posted links to other information.

I do not have the answers. Matter of fact. The older I get. The more I am told I know nothing by everyone else.

Long live the debate. Better over a glass of wine though.

Cheers

Geoff
Posted by Got the Bliues, Wednesday, 3 December 2014 1:01:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy