The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbas' dismal failure at the United Nations > Comments

Abbas' dismal failure at the United Nations : Comments

By Alon Ben-Meir, published 3/10/2014

As someone who has consistently advocated a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians based on a two-state solution, I was appalled to hear the speech delivered by Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Israel is an Apartheid and Terrorist state.
Posted by ateday, Friday, 3 October 2014 9:23:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Abbas is a traitor and should be hung.

Hamas won the last election but the PLO was determined to hang onto power and, sacrificing all their values, got into bed with the Israelis and the Yanks.

The West has used Abbas over and over to further the huge divide between the Palestinian people.

And now the writer of this silly article wants Abbas to become a hero!

A traitor cannot become a hero. Get it?
Posted by David G, Friday, 3 October 2014 9:56:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did you seriously and honestly expect something/anything different?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Friday, 3 October 2014 12:44:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did I mention the Conspiranuts and LW Progs rule here?

Honestly, the ME is a total basket case. Israel is powerful and paranoid. The rest of the Arab states, if not supporting and encouraging, allow basket cases to hold sway and poke the Lion.

The fanatics don't want peace. They want an end of Israel.

I've seen the jigsaw puzzle that is the two state solution, that'll never work, just on logistical grounds.

There is no Palestine. There are no Palestinians. They are myths. There was, the Mandate of Palestine and the Arabs control the greater part of that... it is called Jordan. If the Arabs want to live somewhere let them live there.

If the so-called Palestinians want their own state they need to rethink the whole thing and how the map gets carved up.
Posted by T800, Saturday, 4 October 2014 6:36:02 PM
T800, why don't you crawl back under the stone you've been hiding under again?

Like others on OLO, it's obvious you've got nothing positive to offer our conflicted world.

We've got plenty of idiots here already.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 4 October 2014 7:12:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well at least I speak the truth and offer facts DG. Your ad hom and failure to refute show how little you can contribute to the debate.
Anytime you think you can pick up your game and contribute factually and truthfully, be my guest.
Personally I'd like to see a 2 state solution but, israel will have to get together with the people of Gaza and the West Bank and come to a much better compromised than the patchwork quilt solution so far on the table.
Posted by T800, Saturday, 4 October 2014 10:03:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy