The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > IBAC, the development industry and Australia's newest planning disaster > Comments

IBAC, the development industry and Australia's newest planning disaster : Comments

By Jack Halliday, published 21/8/2014

Any decision made by the minister is unchallengeable – if there are no minimum rules or standards, how can any planning decision be wrong or inadequate?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
The problems here are vested interests?
And a failure to launch/address long overdue decentralization/roll out decentralizing rapid rail!
As Burley Griffin will attest, planing from the ground up, and as whole new cities, is the way to avoid planning disasters!
Which are just failure to plan outcomes/long term objectives/vision!
And whole new cities are cheaper, than endless expansion and equally endless digging them up and pulling them down, just to replace or re-engineer them!
And then only to make tax avoiding rich landlords even richer?
I mean, seriously, who needs a two or three hour daily grid locked commute? Well?
A very long overdue and proper cost benefit analysis, would tell us, we really do need to jettison (on again off again) State parliaments, who almost single handedly, have caused or created all the failures!
Or have focused almost exclusively on the wrong service provision. Namely, self service!?
Rhrosty
Posted by Rhrosty, Thursday, 21 August 2014 11:37:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've never been a proponent for the abolition of the States but I'll tell you what young Rhrosty, you're bringing me around to it.
What are we talking about here, Regional Governors or what?
The Top End would appear at first glance to be a natural Region, followed by the two Coasts, North and South of course, and an Inland, then what?
Posted by G'dayBruce, Thursday, 21 August 2014 4:02:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy