The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Electronic cigarettes > Comments

Electronic cigarettes : Comments

By David Leyonhjelm, published 29/7/2014

It seems everything is illegal in Australia unless a bureaucrat gives permission. What's worse, you have to go to the trouble and expense of asking the bureaucrat for permission.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Welcome to Australia, The Lucky Country.

DKit
Posted by dkit, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 8:21:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A well written article, a pleasure to read.

Someone (it might have been OTB) mentioned that Oz is the most politically correct country on the planet. I am not sure whether restrictions on the sale of e-cigarettes is PC inspired but it must be at least a whelp from the same litter.

Another is the privacy protection racket. All too often the need to protect privacy has become an excuse for a whole new layer of bureaucracy and delay. You often face two or three layers of vetting —after having already supplied your account number and passcode.
Posted by SPQR, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 9:01:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes DKit. Lucky Country? How about what D.Horne wrote:

"Australia is a lucky country, run by second-rate people who share its luck. "
Posted by Kilmouski, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 9:29:17 AM
Hear, hear.
Posted by Luciferase, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 9:30:26 AM
I have been using an Ecig for about a year now and it is brilliant. Havent smoked since the day I got it. The amount of money I save alone is justification for changing over.
It is fairly easy to buy from overseas and even if it was legalised here it would likely still be cheaper to buy from overseas and I would probably still do so.

If the anti smoking brigade were serious about what they say and not just ignorant wowsers they would support Ecigs as the best way to stop the scourge of tobacco and the harm it brings. But instead they and the government put every obstacle possible in the path of the best stop smoking aid ever. Just another bunch of zealots out to control other people it seems.
Wonder what their next target will be?
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 1:06:56 PM
Kilmouski, I was using the quote in the Donald Horne context. In this case I was applying it to the bureaucrats as well as the politicians.

DKit
Posted by dkit, Tuesday, 29 July 2014 2:53:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy