The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Five fatal flaws of solar energy > Comments

Five fatal flaws of solar energy : Comments

By Viv Forbes, published 25/7/2014

All consumers should be free to use solar energy in their own way at their own cost.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Absolutely dreadful Is Mise. this one costs me about 1.2 liters of diesel an hour for normal house duties, & about double that if working hard.

I have a little Honda S800, which will run all day on just a couple of liters of petrol, but it can't handle the start up drain on the big fridge or freezer, & you would not trust it's voltage control to run TVs computers & other expensive gear. It was fine for lighting radios, & an old TV, the things you can do without no trouble.

I also have a 2 KVA, but it could not handle the combined fridge freezer start up. I've replaced that unit.

Expensive it may be, but much better than throwing out about $1000 worth of food, as we did last time
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 26 July 2014 10:36:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article is wrong right from the second word of the headline they are not fatal flaws. What is fatal is Abbotts short sighted pandering to the big polluters.

Viv Forbes obviously couldn't care less about the future for his/her children and grandchildren and just wants to stick his/her head in sand and pass the problem on.
Posted by Helga, Sunday, 27 July 2014 2:47:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen posted friday 25 in spite of you not including facts in your post I will. Abbott and (Morrison)have between them at least 121 spin doctors employed to mislead us at a cost to us of over 3 million (of our dollars) a year. Hasbeen they have to something for that amount of money.
Posted by Helga, Sunday, 27 July 2014 3:02:42 PM
Helga: Viv Forbes obviously couldn't care less about the future for his/her children and grandchildren and just wants to stick his/her head in sand and pass the problem on.

The man-made global warming alarmists are the ones who couldn't care less about the future of their children and grandchildren and just want to stick their heads in sand and pass the problem on.

There is no empirical scientific evidence that anthropogenic CO2 emissions cause dangerous global warming. Consequently, there is no scientific or economic justification for setting renewable energy targets or spending on schemes or measures to "control the climate". Yet, Labor and the Greens have wasted billions on such schemes, and the Libs look set to do the same if they do not abolish the RET.
Posted by Raycom, Sunday, 27 July 2014 10:50:46 PM
Helga, you're just spouting religious ideology. What you need to understand is, not everyone else is as gullible as you.

All
Where I live electricity has gotten more and more expensive thanks in part to anti-human lunatics like Helga deliberately driving the price up, while stupidly dreaming of fine-tuning the weather.

But we've got no end of timber, and I'd like to have an on-site wood-powered electricity generating machine, just big enough to power a home and farm. Think coal-fired power station, only smaller and powered by wood. Must be do-able I'm thinkin?

Can anyone here give me a steer in the right direction as to where I could find one?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Monday, 28 July 2014 7:24:23 AM
http://www.tinytechindia.com/steampowerplan.htm
Posted by Luciferase, Monday, 28 July 2014 9:15:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy