The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Japan must admit its guilt > Comments

Japan must admit its guilt : Comments

By Noel Wauchope, published 18/7/2014

Though it is a long time ago, the facts remain about Japanese atrocities in World War 2, and of Japan's inadequate or non-existent apologies for these, as well as lack of reparations.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
The difference between Israel & Gaza and Japan & Australia is the fact that Australia was going to be taken over by Japan in war, this is not the case with the other, we do not have to have our motor car headlights blacked out now, as we did then, with other restrictions also in place because Israel & Gaza are fighting each other, the events taking place back then were very serious for Australia, that is the difference.
Posted by Ojnab, Sunday, 20 July 2014 12:00:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Japan was never going to take over Australia they were defeated at the point at which they'd just begun to consolidate their gains in the Pacific.
1942 ended Japan's aspirations and they were on the retreat from that point, it was one disaster after another.
The Pacific war was just as much a race war as the eastern front in Europe and it was sold to the allied combatants in exactly the same way, the wildly exaggerated atrocity stories, dehumanising caricatures and propaganda etc which enabled and excused the use of incendiary and nuclear weapons on civilian targets.
Remember it was the allies who started carpet bombing whole cities and developed the technical expertise in starting "Firestorms" to eliminate civilians, not the axis forces.
If anything some of the stories about Japanese atrocities and "medical experiments" are more even ridiculous and unbelievable than the ones about people being killed with diesel exhaust and insecticide which Stalin's propagandists concocted.
Are we expected to take seriously stories about victims of the Japanese being dissected while still alive to study the typhoid and cholera bugs?
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 20 July 2014 12:30:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Those who are so on about Japan's role 70 years ago should prove their tearing at nearly healed wounds by not using anything japanese or german for that matter. Let's see how they get through life.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 20 July 2014 3:30:05 PM
Many of us have relatives who served in WW2, my grandfather fought the Japanese but the idea that succeeding generations can be traumatised by the experiences of ancestors is just completely stupid.
Where does it end, my great grandfather fought in the first world war, am I in any way affected by his experiences,am I a victim of the Irish famines because some of my ancestors came from the poorest counties?
This idea of trans generational trauma and trans generational healing suits a particular political agenda, it's not a real phenomenon, it's a tactic to make your enemy answer questions outside his own experience and to entangle him in arguments which cannot ever be resolved.
Here's a little "open secret" which some of the posters here might not be in on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals
I use those tactics all the time, anyone on the "right" who doesn't study and apply the rules of their enemy to their arguments runs the risk of going insane LOL.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 20 July 2014 4:06:36 PM
Jay of Melbourne I do find it interesting how the young now perceive what happened all those years ago as perhaps not being correct, although they lived through it at the time, perhaps I dreamt that Japanese submarines didn't enter Sydney Harbour, bomb Darwin & Broome after all they were on a holiday and after enjoying themselves would return to Japan and show their holiday photo's, come on get real
Perhaps in seventy years time when the young being born from now on will be saying that a bomb blew a commercial plane to pieces, you will be trying to hi-light the fact of what really happened, but the young will not believe you, saying that must have been a television show.you were watching at the time.
Books written a year or two after the war are the ones to read for truth, not those written fifty years later
Posted by Ojnab, Sunday, 20 July 2014 6:51:54 PM
Books written a year or two after the war are the ones to read for truth, not those written fifty years later
Ojnab,
I agree but academics need more than two years to collectively invent historical evidence.
They need first hand witnesses permanently out of the way before they can start producing "true" accounts without fearing to be proven wrong by someone who was actually there.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 22 July 2014 7:26:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy