The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > UN Panel looks to renewables as the key to stabilizing climate > Comments

UN Panel looks to renewables as the key to stabilizing climate : Comments

By Fred Pearce, published 30/4/2014

In its latest report, the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change makes a strong case for a sharp increase in low-carbon energy production, especially solar and wind.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Warnair

Estimations used in working out my position at sea do not involve in any way seeking to impose my view upon anybody but me. I don't ever suggest it as an absolute truth.

Silly attempt at parallel, and I think that perfectly typifies the fuzzy thinking of you terrorists.

'But in the last couple of posts it appears you do not accept the estimates for global temperatures,...'

Rubbish. Firstly they weren't statements, they were questions. Do you understand the difference?
Secondly I reject the estimates temps are rising as I have seen no data supporting this assertion.

Your attempt to refute my position in regards to the use of estimations etc in arriving at a conclusion in a scientific paper without stating that conclusion involves extensive use of estimations etc is as dishonest as the practices you are defending. The practice in an attempt to portray the conclusion as truth is dishonest.

Agro
'there is not currently a pause in temperature increases.'

Fine prove this assertion with peer reviewed data.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 8 May 2014 7:46:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
imajulianutter, data is available here http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/Fig.C.txt and here http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/HadCRUT4-gl.dat
Posted by Agronomist, Thursday, 8 May 2014 10:04:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I laughed at both sets of data.

The first listed months as numbers. What month is number 28, or 18 or 29 etc.

The second set was from CRU UEA

Whould that be climate research unit at the university of east anglia.
Wouldn't Hadley have been easier?
Lol
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 8 May 2014 12:58:50 PM
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

The numbers after the period in 1999.04, 1999.29, etc., are decimals corresponding to fractions of a year. That is how math works.

The HadCRUT data sets are a collaboration between Hadley and CRU. The same data is available from both.
Posted by Agronomist, Thursday, 8 May 2014 2:29:59 PM
But your data set is headed year month. Nowhere does it specify anything other than that.
Surely that would have been footnoted. Why didn't you include any footnotes? Do they reveal things you don't want me to see?

Hadl ey was shown to be utterly unreliable years ago.

Still laughing agro.

Ignorance is something your side of the debate is intimate with.
Your comment is again evidence of such.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 8 May 2014 3:52:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy