The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Setback for favourite in Indonesia poll > Comments

Setback for favourite in Indonesia poll : Comments

By Graham Cooke, published 28/4/2014

While the final results in Indonesia's parliamentary elections will not be known until next month, it appears no one party has secured enough seats or votes to nominate a candidate for the presidency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Yes, and interesting to watch from the sidelines! Even so, the Indonesians will have the only and the final say!
The only thing we might do, is some serious fence mending, before the election is declared!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 28 April 2014 4:31:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was led to believe Widodo was a catholic but have since found out wasn't. Anyhow, not that that matters to me but he is a genuine man from humble beginnings & would bring positive change to the region.
All the best to him.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 29 April 2014 6:33:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I thought this contributor had a reasonable grasp of Indonesian sensitivities until
his second last paragraph where he attributed the problems in Australia's relationship with Indonesia solely to the elected Australian Government's 'tow back the boats' policy.

What utter c..p.

The problem was initiated by The Rudd/Gillard phone tapping. It was once claimed to be accentuated by the ABBOTT Liberal/National Coalition Government policy, promising to 'Stop the Boats'. The policy loved by Australians everywhere. The policy that Rudd's love mates, the Indo President what ever and his foreign minister whoever, dumped on and criticised Abbott about.
Now it's being reported the Indo Pres is wanting to kiss and make up as The Australian Govt Policy of turning back the boats is working and having a great effect of discouraging illegals from transitting Indonesia.

What a bunch of gooses all those who opposed Abbott's policy of turning back the boats.
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 29 April 2014 5:08:39 PM
With the display of ignorance or anti Abbott bpibias displayed by Cooke I' m left asking is this the commentary of just another leftie media w....r?
Posted by imajulianutter, Tuesday, 29 April 2014 5:46:25 PM
Imajulianutter,
From my own experiences any blame of relationship problems with Indonesia lies fair & square with the ALP Government & their supporters.
Even now they're destroying all trust with Indonesia by becoming increasingly more idiotic with their deliberate wrong portrayal & denouncing of the Coalition's policies.
Most of them make fools of themselves in Bali when they carry on like morons & sprouting proudly they're Australian.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 29 April 2014 7:41:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy