The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > India in post 2014 Afghanistan: the need to revisit 'patterns of engagement' > Comments

India in post 2014 Afghanistan: the need to revisit 'patterns of engagement' : Comments

By Shanthie D'Souza, published 3/4/2014

In New Delhi there are concerns about an unstable Afghanistan yet again turning into a springboard of destabilisation and terrorism, with direct impact on India's security.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
To ALL,

PART I,

I hope that anyone reading this article will begin to realize the real threat to the world's stability and to human rights advancements which is represented by how nations such as India and China are beginning to participate in world affairs in an increasingly aggressive and direct way, something which until now has been exclusively been the domain of the West.

No doubt right now the author of this article, all of India and China and many others are wondering what type of self-important attitude I have to believe that world interference is fine for the West but a really bad thing for anyone else.

I understand the frustration.

However consider the differences:

West –

Even though the West still has lots of serious issues of class prejudice and other institutional biases (I am first to point this out usually), in this case we are speaking in relative terms. In this sense the west have minimum standards so that even the poorest person can theoretically educate themselves and go to university to become a professional person. Also a citizen can openly mock the leadership without being arrested etc.

India, China –

have NO institutional nor even cultural regard for poor and underprivileged (India much worse than China) such that top 50% people live with Western middle class wealth standards while the other 50% barely have an existence, no basic medical, education, protection for their rights etc. This is why they can have the world’s cheapest workers and factories.

Do I really have to spell out the details of what the results would be if nations like India & China began military interventions in nations around the world? What do u think the key differences would be when compared to the military intervention campaigns of the West?
Posted by Jottiikii, Saturday, 5 April 2014 10:00:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
. . . continued . . .

PART II -

Consider the hypothetical scenario that the author proposes is required for Indian stability.

Indian military intervention in Afghanistan to stabilize region and India's interests - results compared with previous US occupation:

A. I wonder how much money and time the Indian government will spend on programs that are humanitarian such as education for women and for suppressed tribes, for tribal recognition of universal equality and fair treatment of all, for medical and other.
B. I wonder how concerned the Indian military will be regarding injuring or killing Afghan civilians. Will they pay money to compensate the victims/
C. I wonder whether the Indian civilians back in India will give any regard for the fact that their nation's military has invaded and occupied another nation, and that many civilians will be harmed in cross-fire?
D. I wonder if AT ALL the Indian military and governments would have ANY pressure from their own people to pull out, like what occurs always in the west?

Just consider the basic fact of the way the Indian elite and privileged treat their own people who are poor and powerless.

They treat them with utter disregard for human decency and for basic consideration for fairness.

Therefore how on earth could any reasonable person think that an Indian (or Chinese) military occupation of some other nation like Afghanistan will not be at very least about 200 times more devastating in humanitarian issues than it was for any previous Western occupation.

I have been warning everyone that this will be the future for the world which the west's support by allowing Asian slave-driven economies to prosper and explode with wealth from the west not only not stopping these nations from such mistreatments, but in fact by the west actually joining in and buying all their products from these "cheap" markets which essentially was exploiting the slave situation.

GET READY WORLD, GET READY FOR A DARK AND VIOLENT CENTURY,

at least for all the poor people globablly.
Posted by Jottiikii, Saturday, 5 April 2014 10:14:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DEAR ALL,

why hasn't anyone yet responded to this article except myself

Also why hasn't anyone yet in ANY of my posts had the courage or critical vigour and argumentative bravery, to attempt to debunk my opinions regarding the phenomenon of the "THIRD_WORLD SUPER-POWERS" (i.e. India, China) and the almost certainly inevitable damage and destruction to global human rights advancements and the plight of the oppressed?Surely at very least the actual AUTHOR of the "originary" premise/article would have at least wanted to spit me away
Posted by Jottiikii, Tuesday, 8 April 2014 4:03:19 PM
I wonder if EVEN the actual author of -

"India in post 2014 Afghanistan - the need to revisit 'patterns of engagement'". . . . .

. . . Shanthie D'Souza . . .

WILL BOTHER to have the courage to challenge my points and concerns raised in my 43 posts.

I mean since NOBODY else AT ALL has engaged with the extremely vital and world-effecting phenomenon, surely the actual author who seems to so readily speak of Indian military engagement in foreign nations for their national security interests as being OK and as acceptable as when ANY Western nation/military does the same.

I bet people who read my posts and either did not comprehend my arguments OR did not WANT to agree with me YET had NO clear chain of reasoning to support their "feeling" . . .

. . . they will no doubt "PRETEND" that my position is 'so obviously stupid' that it requires NO RESPONSE.

This tactic is often used, yet whilst in itself the tactic is clear indication to anyone with sense that that individual simply 'DOESN'T GET IT' . . .

. . . because the tactic relies solely on their "HERD" companions blindly agreeing with them in support to shout me out, OFTEN the tactic is victorious.

PLEASE ANYONE?

ARGUE WITH ME.

I BEG OF THEE.
Posted by Jottiikii, Wednesday, 16 April 2014 2:15:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy