The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Religion, reality, belief > Comments

Religion, reality, belief : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 13/3/2014

'I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Amen.
Posted by lockhartlofty, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:05:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Isn't the concept of a soul tied to religion ? And I'd definitely classify Buddhism as a religion - I don't think you can cherry pick just because Buddhism is appealing.
Posted by Candide, Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:47:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Karl Marx held that: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people". '

Yep Karl Marx whose dogmas have led to more death than few others twists the truth. The denier of ones Maker and the foolish notion that one won't face judgement is actually the 'opium of the people'. Anyone who embraces denial of the corrupt nature of man just shows they want to be deceived. The psalmist sums it up when he writes that a fool says in their heart that their is no god. This article confirms that fact.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 13 March 2014 11:12:09 AM
Isn't the concept of a soul tied to religion ?
Candide,
No, it's tied to superstition & stupidity. A soul is tied to integrity. So, no integrity, no soul, no sense.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 13 March 2014 12:03:53 PM
In some sense a nice enough essay, but the question still remains as to what we are as human beings in Truth and Reality, and what is our individual and collective potential too. Are we really the masters of our own fate and captains of or own souls?
Please check out:
http://www.consciousnessitself.org
http://sacredcamelgardens.com/wordpress/the-unique-potential-of-man
Plus this Buddhist understanding of the nature of Reality as an indefinable realm.
http://www.adidam.org/teaching/gnosticon/spirit-of-buddhism
By contrast we Westerners in particular, presume, or have been heavily propagandized into believing that there is a very solid objective world "out there". ALL of Western philosophy and religion begins with such an uninspected premise/presumption.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 13 March 2014 12:13:17 PM
"God save the Queen" why should this woman be singled out to be saved, after all she is only another woman, and a very wealthy one at that, human beings seem to want somebody or something to look up to whether it be the Queen or a non existence God, the point of it all is that we all are only human beings with nothing to prove our existence as any thing else, so why the glorification of a Pope, Queen, etc when their body attachments are completely the same as any one else, these people for some reason seem to think they are the chosen by a non existent God to rule over the masses, and unfortunately the masses seem to bow down to these people in awe, we are strange.
Posted by Ojnab, Thursday, 13 March 2014 1:21:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy