The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Business models and preventing asylum: the death of Reza Berati > Comments

Business models and preventing asylum: the death of Reza Berati : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 26/2/2014

Successive Australian governments have made an immigrant portfolio redundant, treating it as a prophylactic mechanism connected with repulsion and defence.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Hi Binoy,

Your last article on Indo border incursions bombed disastrously because you “omitted” the fact that even the Indo’s have no idea where their maritime borders are.

This time your outrage conveniently ignores the fact that Refugee Advocacy Policy under the previous government resulted in the deaths of 1,100 men women and children.

If you supported such policies you are just as culpable for these deaths as those who implemented the policy.

You can squawk as much as you like but the majority of Australians voted to end the murderous people smuggler business. If you don’t like saving lives and you don’t like our democracy, then why don’t find a publicly funded University in another country to hide in whilst you throw hand grenades at their electorates?

Those seeking more operational information from Sovereign Border activity have one single purpose, to discredit a policy that embarrasses the Left because it is working and meeting an electoral promise.

If you really believe that 1,100 deaths can be dismissed on your “moral/value” judgments then I doubt Australia is the place for you. Why don’t you try this in Indonesia?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:36:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@FOTIS, Posted on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 9:43:31 AM
I agree that we need a completely open discussion on this entire issue.
I also think that if we say we will take in 20,000, then let's take in 20,000. The world is awash with refugees. It shouldn't be that hard to fill a quota we set ourselves.
Posted by halduell, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:39:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let me ask a question Fotis, Rust in the dust & Kampmark. If you had say, 3 children under 6, & had a mouse problem. Would you scatter Rat poison everywhere & let you children play around the area?

We have a great country, very little violence especially over religion. Everyone gets on fine. Now you want to scatter a religion into Australia that has a record of unsurpassed continued violence that stretches back 800 years. A religion that demands that Australia pay the Jizyah Tax to Islam in the form of AID. A Religion that is creating havoc through out Europe to force them to convert & you want that to happen here. My mother said they'll see how wonderful it is in Australia & convert to Christianity. This seems to be the same delusional outlook shared by many of the do-good Politically Correct people in Australia. Believe me, it ain't gonna happen.

Yes Christians did it for about four hundred years, but we don't do it now, as a matter of course. Except for a few isolated incidences in the Balkans & Ireland, but even that has stopped.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:53:08 AM
Fotis,

What happens in international waters is not covered by the UNHCR charter.

The navy and customs have always been militarised, the emphasis has shifted from being a water taxi to interception and turn around.

The trail of Peter Cohen for the murder of Daniel Morecombe shows how police investigations work covertly, and how the early release of information would have scuppered the investigation, yet I don't hear the yelps from the left whingers for immediate release of confidential information.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 11:46:42 AM
As Willie Wonka says, "So tell me. How sending an Indonesian boat with an Indonesian crew back to Indonesia is an invasion of Indonesian Sovereignty?"

I notice, even to day, a week later, the Public Service can't get a straight answer from anyone on Manus Island. The people on Manus including the Detainees are all protecting their Ar$e$. So how is that the ministers fault. Or is it the Politically Correct do-gooder, Greenie News paper reporters just stirring the pot?
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 12:25:23 PM
Raise the Dust Quote "I would welcome all people fleeing from threat of death in other counties.
They should come straight to the Australian mainland and be processed in our community."

How do you intend to determine who is real and who is an economic invader.
More importantly where will you get the money from to support the 42 Million refugees at the moment, when the refugee convention was inacted there were only 1.5 million.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 26 February 2014 3:32:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy