The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Do we need the ABC? > Comments

Do we need the ABC? : Comments

By Patricia Edgar, published 18/2/2014

Yet once governments interfere and jingoism rears its head we are on a slippery slope.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
it is now the only ad free site on TV.
is Mise,
The ABC is the most repeditive with promos, even worse than ads. By the time they actually play the show we've seen most of it in the promos.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 20 February 2014 7:23:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Raycom, I would willingly pay to have an add free TV station, at present the ABC and SBS meet the criteria halfway which is far better than 7, 9,10, and others which I rarely watch, if you feel you like advertising every five minutes that is your choice, so when you get rid of the offending channels as mentioned, it will be welcome to all the adds they can muster, then one supposes you will be complaining there are no channels that are reasonably add free, I can read Andrew Bolt's right wing propoganda in the papers which I pay for and respect his view point,( he I believe worked at one stage of his life for the ABC) likewise if the ABC has left wing propaganda, I respect that view point-whether true or not , nothing is truth in reporting any more, so what is the problem?
Posted by Ojnab, Thursday, 20 February 2014 9:31:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ojnab, "so what is the problem?"

Poor planning and priority setting by the feds, combined with a tendency to go along with the political populism that is easy rather than what is right.

The '-ism' victim industries including big-assed multiculturalism of course, are the tail that swings the government policy dog because they claim to deliver or withhold a small percentages of the vote at election time and in between they are adroit manipulators of the media, and obviously the public broadcaster. Political and emotional blackmail.

What has always prevented government from improving Australia's dangerous national highway, Highway 1, or attempting other essential public works? Governments say lack of money. In fact government can't afford to meet the costs of the fundamental purposes that are its raison d'etre.

Notwithstanding that environment, the public broadcaster has grown like topsy, it wore out its over-used 'diversity' excuse years ago (hundreds of $$millions ago too). Now it is redundant even within itself and paying mammoth salaries and benefits to its public servants.

The ABC is unaccountable and redundant. It is shameless.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 20 February 2014 10:59:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy