The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Solar geoengineering: weighing costs of blocking the sun’s rays > Comments

Solar geoengineering: weighing costs of blocking the sun’s rays : Comments

By Nicola Jones, published 23/1/2014

What is a bigger threat to the planet? CO2 induced global warming, or man's potential attempts to thwart it using geoengineering solutions?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I see that scientists have found that the Sun is entering a new quite time. They are now predicting a new Mini Ice Age as happened from 1680 to 1820.
Run for your lives the sky is falling.... again.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:57:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You know, I think poor little Nicola actually believes some of this garbage.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 23 January 2014 9:42:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Question posed:

What is a bigger threat to the planet? CO2 induced global warming, or man's potential attempts to thwart it using geoengineering solutions?

With a modification one could also ask :

What is a bigger threat to Australia ? The sugarcane beetle or the Cane toad used to thwart the cane beetles ?

I think in either of the above cases the ignorance level, in solving these complex problems, was and is very high. In our case we see the un-stoppable spread of the toads as a result of their introduction.

What unforseen consequences will result from this type of meddeling in the earths' complex environment? Best put this stuff to rest ... I'm sure the academics will still get paid and funded for more useful stuff.
Posted by Kilmouski, Thursday, 23 January 2014 11:09:54 AM
Where do these warming terrorists gain their authority?

Anyone who thinks human life can be spent in an attempt by humans to change the climate is a nutjob and should be instutionlised in a home for the mentally insane.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 23 January 2014 1:06:58 PM
What's being presented in this article is not the mindless drivel that it looks. Consider the problem that the alarmists are now facing: how to go on extracting large sums of money from the taxpayer, when global temperature is no longer rising, and may in fact be falling. The answer is clear: research and carry out some expensive and totally ineffectual 'bioengineering' scheme. Any natural drop, or failure to rise, in temperatures can then be attributed to this, while if the temperature goes up it's obviously a sign that we need to hand over even more money for more of these schemes.

As cunning plans go, it's a lulu. Baldric would be proud.
Posted by Jon J, Thursday, 23 January 2014 1:24:19 PM
What ever way you believe it to be it is global climate change, so we still have the same problem. The sun has an eleven year cycle and that has not changed.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 23 January 2014 3:42:59 PM
The earths Climate has been fluctuating for 4.5 billion years. Get used to it or get extinct. It really doesn't matter to Earth.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 23 January 2014 4:51:30 PM
The US Military,China and Russia are into weather modification as tool of war in a serious way. http://www.globalresearch.ca/climate-change-geoengineering-and-environmental-modification-techniques-enmod/5357966

Both Prof Michel Chossudovsky and Prof Michio Kaku say that weather modification is real and the authorities don't deny it.

HAARP ( High frequency Auroral Research Program) and the chemical spraying of our atmosphere with nano particles of Aluminium and Boron are thought to be the methods by which they can affect weather. They are also affecting our health.

Some say that this program is now out of control and they are now in a panic as to how to rectify the damage they've caused by doing more of the same.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 23 January 2014 8:18:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay: HAARP ( High frequency Auroral Research Program) and the chemical spraying of our atmosphere with nano particles of Aluminium and Boron are thought to be the methods by which they can affect weather. They are also affecting our health.

Yair, I read that in New Dawn & it's sister Mag. I read all them. It keeps me up with what the numbnuts are thinking. Sometimes there is some great reading & but mostly these people are let out of the loony bin once a month to write their stuff. I do get a good laugh sometimes. Especially when one blokes saying that the Aliens are coming from Outer Space & the next article they are coming from inner Space.

What do you think of the latest idea that the Earth is going to get a Mini Ice Age in the next 20 years? Latest scientific finding about the Sun going into a quite phase. Should cancel one another out shouldn't it, or will the Earth go into a spasm. Put ya tin foil hat on.

Have you been off to Syria too. Welcome back.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 23 January 2014 9:23:56 PM
I think Jayb that Prof Michio Kaku and Prof Michel Chossudovsky have far more credibility than you. A bet you have not even read the article you cretin.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 23 January 2014 9:52:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The sun emitted a significant solar flare peaking at 1:32 p.m. EST on Jan.7, 2014. This is the first significant flare of 2014, and follows on the heels of mid-level flare earlier in the day. Each flare was centered over a different area of a large sunspot group currently situated at the center of the sun, about half way through its 14-day journey across the front of the disk along with the rotation of the sun.

This labeled image taken by SDO's Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager shows the location of two active regions on the sun, labeled AR1944 and AR1943, which straddle a giant sunspot complex. A Jan. 17, 2014, X1.2-class flare emanated from an area closer to AR1943.
Image Credit: NASA/SDO
Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation. Harmful radiation from a flare cannot pass through Earth's atmosphere to physically affect humans on the ground, however -- when intense enough -- they can disturb the atmosphere in the layer where GPS and communications signals travel. This disrupts the radio signals for as long as the flare is ongoing, anywhere from minutes to hours.
To see how this event may impact Earth, please visit NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center at http://spaceweather.gov, the U.S. government's official source for space weather forecasts, alerts, watches and warnings.
This flare is classified as an X1.2-class flare. X-class denotes the most intense flares, while the number provides more information about its strength. An X2 is twice as intense as an X1, an X3 is three times as intense, etc.
Updates will be provided as needed.
Posted by 579, Friday, 24 January 2014 6:40:58 AM
arjay: I think Jayb that Prof Michio Kaku and Prof Michel Chossudovsky have far more credibility than you. A bet you have not even read the article you cretin.

Thank you for the compliment. I did go to the site. Let's see. Globalresearch. A fundamental anti American Website dedicated to spreading fear about just about everything Western.

Globalresearch: This Morning in an interview with Dr. Michio Kaku, a physics professor at City College New York, confirmed the existence and use of ENMOD technologies, while casually downgrading their significance and disregarding their strategic and military applications.

Do you know that it was Australia that started weather manipulation, in Charleville in 1902. The seeding guns are still there. Famous photo somewhere.

Globalresearch: Michel Chossudovsky is an award-winning author, Professor of Economics (emeritus) at the University of Ottawa, Founder and Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), Montreal and Editor of the globalresearch.ca website.

"Professor of Economics," "Editor of the globalresearch.ca website." He's making a fortune spreading fear. It's a technique universally used in advertising to sell a product. "Fear = Money."

My Grandmother gave me some good advice once, "Believe none of what you hear & only half of what you see." & "Have a BEX, a cup of tea & a good lie down." Put you tinfoil hat on Arjay & grab a blanket it's gonna get cold. ;-)

I think I've met you. Were the person I spoke to wheeling a pushbike wearing a hat with a huge oversized brim, Very dark sunglasses, scarf around the head, face mask, face covered in white Zink cream, long sleeves, flowery flowing long pants, socks & sandals carrying a hippy bag. Very commendable & quite fashionable. Was that you?
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 24 January 2014 7:54:35 AM
jayb ,we have proof of weather manipulation and our authorities don't deny it. In Vietnam in the 1960' the US Military were able to extend their wet season using chemicals by 2 months to stop the progress of the Viet Cong. How much more advanced must they be today?

The incredible part is that you accuse me of being the Tin Foil Mad Hatter while you deny the reality of which you acknowledge. If the hat fits jayb,wear it
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 25 January 2014 6:12:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy