The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The power of people's history > Comments

The power of people's history : Comments

By John Pilger, published 5/12/2013

Most times the other half is a different country.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I wouldn't bother with this one. Another by John Pilger. He writes a beautiful story with well chosen words then walks away, never to be heard from again.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 5 December 2013 7:59:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess you need intelligence and an awareness of history to appreciate what John is saying.

All humans are heavily indoctrinated and those who govern and manipulate and entertain us ensure that it remains that way!
Posted by David G, Thursday, 5 December 2013 10:26:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G: I guess you need intelligence and an awareness of history to appreciate what John is saying.

As a student of History, & not just what we were taught in school, I appreciate what John is saying. "The victor writes the history in favour of himself" I have experienced what he is talking about myself & I identify with the problems he poses.

What I am saying is, That the Pilgers, Wakims, Costellos put their views out there but never contribute anything else to the conversation. I find this rather rude. That's all.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 5 December 2013 11:12:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pilger may have intended his piece to be about Scottish independence but it wimpered like a fart in a fan factory.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 5 December 2013 12:10:25 PM
I agree. The Pilgers of this World look at an Ant & see an Elephant. I suppose they have to do something to try & look like they are an important person.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 7 December 2013 10:59:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy