The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Responses to the ALP leadership election result > Comments

Responses to the ALP leadership election result : Comments

By Tristan Ewins, published 17/10/2013

With a 'mixed mandate' from the ALP's first experiment with a rank and file component in electing the parliamentary leader, Bill Shorten needs to move straight away to implement the reforms he promised

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
In the meantime Tony is stopping the boats, abolishing the carbon tax, cutting the waste and magnificantly striding boldly the international stage... and noone in the liberal party is wedging themselves over rejected policy nor talking about themselves or calling their former PM's bastards. Lol.
Posted by imajulianutter, Thursday, 17 October 2013 1:49:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Except there are huge internal divisions in the Liberals with regard the Paid Parental Leave policy....

Though regardless of whether you're talking about Labor or the Libs - robust debate and pluralism ought to be seen as a good and constructive thing...

Unless it degenerates into abuse with no constructive substance.
Posted by Tristan Ewins, Thursday, 17 October 2013 2:55:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
imajulianutter oh dear
1)Stopping the boats = stopping press releases
2)Abolishing the carbon tax = Labout already did that and will stop without any action by Tony.
3)Cutting the waste = who knows can you actually name something he done....
4)Magnificantly striding boldly the international stage = now your just having a laugh.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Thursday, 17 October 2013 5:03:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Tristan, but that is of such minor bit in the scheme of things.

There is probably more disagreement over the treatment of the carbon dioxide tax. I'm sure by now most realise it is a crock of the smelly stuff, but some are probably still frightened of coming out & saying so.

I wonder what Labor branch Clobber the hound belongs to? His posts have a Victorian flavor, but who knows? The particular disease he is suffering does have cases in all states.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 17 October 2013 11:43:59 PM
Abbott stopping the waste? Like stopping politicians rorting their 'entiltlements'? Pig might fly. Abbott striding the international stage - making snivelling apologies for all the things he said in opposition, like a teenager in Confession. Embarassing.

I'd love to know what the outcome of the Caucus vote on the leadership would have been if it had been a secret ballot, out of the sight and control of Shorten's factional thugs. If Labor does just one thing to democratise itself, secret Caucus ballots would be the way to go.
Posted by Candide, Friday, 18 October 2013 10:05:24 AM
I loved your "pox on both their houses" comment, Candide!

I'm trying to imagine the first sitting day in Parliament with Abbott and Shorten glaring at each other over the Dispatch Box. The Backstabber and the Bruiser in Round 1, ring the bells.

Parliament has rarely experienced such lows as are now headed our way. It is Government by the Misfits!

How come democracy throws up such pedestrian, mediocre leaders? The answer I suppose is that we get the best politicians that money can buy!

And the people with the money make sure that it's their interests that politicians serve!
Posted by David G, Friday, 18 October 2013 1:13:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy