The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > For caucus there is no alternative to 'Albo' > Comments

For caucus there is no alternative to 'Albo' : Comments

By Graham Young, published 10/10/2013

If caucus votes for Shorten, then it will show that it is still not listening to its grass roots supporters and average voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Only $200,000? In that case it has been well worth it.

Government looks much better with a leaderless Labor.

It will be much worse when they elect one of these dills, & the new leadership struggles start.

Yep a headless Labor is much more attractive than it has been in years, with all the dreadful heads it seems to be able to pull out of some rubbish pile every time.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 10 October 2013 7:47:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen ,all our polistitutes care not for this country or the people. Both Labor and Liberal play the game of distraction from the real issues and screw us into more poverty for their corporate masters.
Posted by Arjay, Thursday, 10 October 2013 8:48:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=15564

Graham Young has presented a masterly analysis of the state of play over the Labor leadership. The combined pollies-plus-members vote will, as Graham points out, default to a straight members vote if there is an overwhelming difference between Caucus and the membership. Shorten was more focused than Albanese but Albanese was more open and has a better reputation.

But I have to differ with Graham over the so-called “carbon tax”. The Libs led by Abbott and the worst of the Press led by News Ltd and the shock jocks lied and lied and lied over Gillard’s supposed pre-election promise, and Labor never had the wit to call them on it [1]. Here is what Gillard had told commercial TV in the run-up to the 2010 election:

“There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead, but let me be clear: I will be putting a price on carbon and I will move to an emissions trading scheme.”

The consequence of the lie campaign is that although the next Global Financial Heist is already in the planning stages [2] Australia will no longer have a government willing and able to protect us from its devastating effects. This will be why foreign billionaires like Murdoch were busting a gut for years to get rid of the government in favour of their own placemen, while some public wealth is still available for private acquisition as in Europe.

The irony is that CO2 emission curbs can’t perceptibly affect climate even based on the IPCC’s scare stories as clearly demonstrated at http://topher.com.au/50-to-1-video-project/

[1] They could even now unleash a relentless flurry of repetitive Question Time Questions demanding that Abbott declare whether he knew the government in which he was a Minister was lying its head off about Iraqi WMDs and did he support the war joined as a followup to the lies?

[2] e.g. http://consortiumnews.com/2013/10/08/the-koch-brothers-samson-option
Posted by EmperorJulian, Thursday, 10 October 2013 9:04:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree Anthony Albanese is Labors best choice, and I hope he wins.

At least we will have one mature party leader who speaks well and wouldn't embarrass us when representing Australia overseas.

Go Albo!
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 10 October 2013 9:43:50 PM
Emperor Julian

I had to check the name at the bottom of your post to make sure it wasn't me who wrote it. :)
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 10 October 2013 9:50:19 PM
Yep he probably is the best Labor have to offer, pity he's so dumb.

His IQ is probably a few points above Swanny, but would not top 90 on a good day. I suppose that makes him easier to control.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 10 October 2013 11:46:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy