The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Commonwealth of the South Pacific > Comments

The Commonwealth of the South Pacific : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 8/10/2013

Creating a union of Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific islands.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
" Nor would ratbag parties ever again be able to get a Senate seat by a fluke of preferences."

I would be "In like Flynn" with this idea, if we could guarantee the ALP and LNP were kept out, as you suggest.

"Centralisation is the bane of good government"

Agreed, so you REDUCE the power of the Feds, move to stronger regional powers, the Swiss Canton model springs to mind.

"The worst outcome for Australia is for Australia to incorporate poverty stricken, third world island states into the Commonwealth of Australia"

In this case they would all be "Australian". Are you saying you don't care for poor "Australians" ? Maybe we should shoot them ? Soylet Green ! or here's a kooky idea, treat all humans decently. I know, weird concept for many people to come to grips with.

"we have a lot to thank the AGW lobby for, ay!"

Of course you could place the blame where it truly lies, with the those emitting CO2e causing the problem. Who are these emitters ? Well look in the mirror. 80% of the worlds CO2e is emitted by the richest 1 Billion, that is people like us, either directly, driving around in cars etc or indirectly by buying gee gaws from China etal.

Everything else aside, I think it's a great idea, one I have also advocated for some time, thus it will get no traction.
Posted by Valley Guy, Tuesday, 8 October 2013 9:02:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There will not be any common wealth unless we the people once again have the power to create money to equal increases in productivity + inflation.

We sold off the Commonwealth bank and 4 state banks since 1980 and debt to OS banks now consumes us via increased taxes and house prices.

The power of money creation should belong to the people.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 8 October 2013 9:18:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely this essay is a joke ... isn't it? I mean ... Prince Harry for President of Pacifica? Gimme a break!

But, assuming it's not a joke, a Pacific 'nation' would never happen. If there really is such a groundswell movement forming, a Pacific republic is not the real endgame. What the architects of this vision really want is to soften up public opinion in order to attain the much more achievable goal of a European Union of the South Pacific.

The original vision of the EU - the one that was sold to the average European chump on the street - was that a bunch of states with vastly different economic structures, currencies, philosophies, histories and political systems could all get together and find a big, happy common ground. What has evolved is the economic enslavement of much of the European population by a cabal of corporations centred on Berlin and defended by a military protection racket called NATO.

A South-Pacific nation called Oceania ... I mean, Pacifica ... is just a blueprint to achieve much the same ends.
Posted by Killarney, Tuesday, 8 October 2013 10:19:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What has Everald been imbibing to dream up such fanciful proposals?

The Coalition Government already is struggling to make any impression on our ongoing Budget deficits, without taking on supporting scores of South Sea Island nations in perpetuity.
Posted by Raycom, Tuesday, 8 October 2013 10:41:07 PM
Once upon a time, I would have supported the "efficiency" of such a union.

Then I woke up and realised White people and their distinctive characters and cultures are being *eradicated* by just such pancultural/paneconomic agendas.

If we make an agreement with New Zealand, it should be that only White Kiwis can migrate to Australia, and only non-White Australians can migrate to NZ.
Let's do a swap.

New Zealand can then try to be the paradise promised by the Multopians.
And promptly disintegrate in poverty and crime.
The charred ruins a lesson for future generations.

Meanwhile, Australia will go up a notch or two on all the top ten lists we're not already #1 on.
Posted by Shockadelic, Wednesday, 9 October 2013 12:30:47 AM
How many people have been out there, & seen what a wasteland these places become, once the white district officer, & the last white plantation owner/manager leave? Damn few, or this idea would be getting shot down much more heavily.

When you have seen what they can do to a brand new bulldozer in just a few weeks, you know we don't need to be in any association with them.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 October 2013 1:36:26 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy