The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel invited to help destroy chemical weapons in Syria > Comments

Israel invited to help destroy chemical weapons in Syria : Comments

By David Singer, published 30/9/2013

How do you monitor the possession of chemical weapons when most state parties have an incentive to ignore their existence?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
"another attempt by Singer to further exacerbate regional tensions and to get the U.S. more involved in Israel's dirty work".

My my, I did not realize that David Singer had such power and influence!
Posted by Prompete, Monday, 30 September 2013 5:30:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your ignorance is shared by much of the world, Prompete! And Israel wants to keep it that way!
Posted by David G, Monday, 30 September 2013 6:08:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why is nothing said about destroying chemical weapons in possession of the terrorist associated 'opposition'?

It can be considered that after Assad's CW arsenal is destroyed there will then be another CW attack, again blamed on Assad, with accusation he held back some CW.

I don't understand why the US and UK are virtually supporting the rebel terrorist 'opposition'.

The way to democracy is via elections, not violence by the opposition.

Does anyone have evidence the associated opposition rebels and terrorists do not have CW?
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 30 September 2013 9:00:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi JF Aus

Re your comment: "Why is nothing said about destroying chemical weapons in possession of the terrorist associated 'opposition'?"

David's article does address opposition possession of CWs

"...the resolution also offers something of substance to prevent anti-Assad forces using chemical weapons in Syria and to committing the United Nations to search for and locate any such chemical weapons."

ultimately location of "rebel" CWs should lead to destruction or shipping out (to Russia and/or the US) of those CWs.

Re "I don't understand why the US and UK are virtually supporting the rebel terrorist 'opposition'." and "The way to democracy is via elections, not violence by the opposition."

This is a major world issue that has been in the papers for 30 months - best to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war first.

"Does anyone have evidence the associated opposition rebels and terrorists do not have CW?"

The requirement to prove non-possession of CW was something the Bush Administration required of Iraq in 2002-2003. It is third world countries and non-state groups from them that are unreasonably required to prove they DON'T have something.

Cheers

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 1 October 2013 10:08:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy