The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > BER – that other non-disaster > Comments

BER – that other non-disaster : Comments

By Judy Crozier, published 6/9/2013

Like the 'pink batts' or Home Insulation Program, Building the Education Revolution also worked well, but has been reported as a disaster.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Alan is absolutely right. It is a simple fact that, using all measurable elements, there was a crisis, and a solution to it that worked.

Delving through the jumble-sale of Jardine's arguments, I can only surmise that you don't feel simple success - saving jobs and the economy - is or should be the aim. And I feel you pull yourself up short here and there, e.g. the mother whose child wants money for something probably houses her child via a mortgage. Willing to bet.

I continue to be reminded of that description of austerity as a way of countering economic crisis: that's when you keep sacking people until they get a job. I won't insult you by explaining why this would be silly. Though I will point out again that, silly or not, it's what - until Australia demonstrated how the opposite works - other countries were doing as a response to the GFC, with disastrous results.
Posted by jcro, Monday, 16 September 2013 10:18:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy