The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not voting for Kevin in 13 > Comments

Not voting for Kevin in 13 : Comments

By Sophie Love, published 26/8/2013

We have a fortnight more posturing from Rudd and prevarication from Abbott (surely he has to come up with some solid policies at some stage?) and the inevitable erasing of the Julia years.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I am surprised that Sophie Love, going by her previous posts has ever ventured far enough into the real world to vote for a serious party.

It is a pity that when she did she chose such a corrupt and incompetent one.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 26 August 2013 10:36:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with your sentiments Sophie and have voted Greens for a long time for the reasons you state. Don't agree with all their policies but no party will ever do exactly what I want them to.

Yes David we all worry about Labor crashing but my answer is vote Green in the Senate to 'keep the bastards honest' and then give Labor your preferences or else give them your vote in the Lower House.

Typical troll response from Shadow the denier, who denies that Greens are a real party - third political force in fact - and a growing one at that.

The (mainly young) educated and computer literate are turning more to some of the excellent web news sites such as Crikey and not reading the tripe put out by the ultra right Murdoch press and right leaning Fairfax. We now also have the Guardian on line. The disgusting excuse for news that Murdoch / Fairfax have promulgated in the last 4 years is ensuring their continuing demise.
Posted by Roses1, Monday, 26 August 2013 11:18:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'They are a moral compass who embrace and encourage women '

The Greens a 'moral compass' Its not april one is it?
Posted by runner, Monday, 26 August 2013 11:24:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So you are going to vote green Sophie? Why am I not surprised! But then, you also believe in home births and no vaccinations?
The greens can run around about and scream and shout, but remember, they sided with Tony and blocked the ETS and the Malaysia solution.
The Malaysia solution, promised to all but shut down the people smuggling trade; so, responsibility for the many drowning since, may be shot home to the greens and their par for the course, mindless intransigence?
Now they have the unmitigated Gaul, to critique a much harsher outcome for Asylum seekers.
With an ETS in place and bedded in, we wouldn't have seen all the internal division inside Labour.
My bet with their history, most THINKING VOTERS, will give the tail wagging the dog, obstructionist, job destroying greens, a miss this time.
And indeed, put them last on the ballot every time! There are other saner conservationist options!
We confront quite dire economic circumstances, and the very last thing we need is the, I'm all right Jack, greens, and their usual economy harmful job destroying meddling.
They can continue to propose entirely unaffordable policies, given they will never ever be asked to actually fund them!
If either major party wins a clear mandate for their enunciated policies, the other major party can help to minimize the harm the greens do, by allowing the winner's proposed bills through.
That way, the greens will lose any real influence and electoral support. Balance of power is only ever effective if it can be actually wielded!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 26 August 2013 11:32:23 AM
CHELSEA SPEAKS

I stoutly defend Courtney's opinions in this post-trannie-gender world - on this occasion.

We men all should always vote conscious that it is oppression of the swinging male political dangling that makes our shrivling little lives whot they are today.

Speaking for the inner woman in me I wish to be called Chelsea from now on. As I place my vote of engendered male patheticness towards Pauline "Sarah" Hanson Milner.

Ta
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 26 August 2013 11:32:32 AM
Roses1,

The Official Monster Raving Loony Party, is also a real party. I said that the greens were not a serious party. The greens policies are a collection of populist aspirational statements of which I have yet to see any costed.

Sophie's anti vaccination, home birth, etc reflect a common theme that I see in green's voters for whom facts are an inconvenience, and find the greens a haven from reality.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 26 August 2013 12:32:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy