The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A child is born > Comments

A child is born : Comments

By Tom Clifford, published 24/7/2013

His mother will try to give him as normal a childhood as possible. She knows it will be difficult but her determination has won admirers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Most people are already sick to death of the media waffling on about this baby, I am thinking of cancelling the newspaper myself and not watching television until this whole thing dies down,possibly in two weeks.
Your comment on military service, which the Royals love, they make sure they are not in the firing line, like every other soldier.
A large percentage of people are no longer interested in the carrying on of extremely wealthy Royals, bowing and scraping to another human being, when we are all supposed to be equal, I personally would sooner be reading about a poor baby born in the slums of Delhi, India.
It would be great to see William spend a week working on road works instead of playing polo with his wealthy mates.
Posted by Ojnab, Wednesday, 24 July 2013 1:55:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good article. I was all set to put up a sneering comment, until I realised the author was doing it for me.

But I'll put one up anyway.

Baby Cambridge will live a life of mega-rich obscenity designed to promote the lie that the barometer of a healthy society is measured in terms of its billionaires per square kilometre. The closest he will ever come to the word 'austerity' is learning how to spell it.

Millions of other babies born on the same day are doomed to live their lives scavenging for the crumbs that fall from the tables of the mega-rich. Every day of their lives they will be made to feel - in thousands of subtle and not so subtle ways - that poverty is their own fault.
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 24 July 2013 6:38:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"His mother will try to give him as normal a childhood as possible"
Diana Spencer tried that, and look what happened to her.
She was used as a new breeding machine for the Saxe Coburg Gotha family, as the German family inbreeding had created genetic problems.
Bring on the Australian republic, and many UK citizens are asking the same, for a UK republic.
Posted by Kipp, Wednesday, 24 July 2013 7:34:30 PM
As a Brit, I agree whole-heartedly with these sentiments. Limousine driven children born with a platinum spoon in their mouths only serve to make the remainder of us, struggling to survive in the 'age of austerity', more embittered. It equates to a the greatest diversion tactic pulled off by the British media - concentrate on the joy of the beloved monarchy and forget that we can't eat or afford to put our own children through university.......
Posted by bbfor, Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:50:29 PM
A searing comment on the media's shallowness. Thank you
Posted by Antiseptic, Thursday, 25 July 2013 6:20:20 AM
A bit of harmless happiness and the left is in knicker twist mode. Damn side better than "tingly" wet dreams, at least Royalty care for their people unlike the Emperor Obama. Corruption of the tax system breaks a trust that cannot be replaced, avoidance & evasion becomes moral.
Posted by McCackie, Sunday, 28 July 2013 8:11:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy