The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Syria is Iran's Stalingrad > Comments

Syria is Iran's Stalingrad : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 18/6/2013

The claim that Iran is winning in Syria is dead wrong.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Leslie,

That may be true, it probably is, but there are so many other issues besides oil - the cross-cutting issues of secular democratic versus dictatorship, and Sunni versus Shi'a, for two other factors. Each of the countries in the region have strong nationalist ambitions, the Saudis, Turkey, the various Gulf States, Iran.

And I do recall a few years ago an initiative to pipe natural gas from Iran and Turkmenistan across the Caspian and through Russia, bypassing Turkey, and in opposition to another pipeline planned from Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan through Georgia, with Chinese backing. It's a very messy world :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 20 June 2013 10:24:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth: And I do recall a few years ago an initiative to pipe natural gas from Iran and Turkmenistan across the Caspian and through Russia, bypassing Turkey, and in opposition to another pipeline planned from Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan through Georgia, with Chinese backing. It's a very messy world :)

I thought they had finished those a few years ago around the time of the Russian/Georgian War? I may be wrong.

Leslie, as Loudmouth said, "It's a messy World." That why the likes of Assange are desperately needed to expose the BS by all the World Governments. And now this new guy. People are slowly beginning to wake up & act.

Arjay, yes I am watching, ‘ Oliver Stone's. 'The untold History of the USA' so far it's not telling me I didn't already know. If you saw "Apocalypse Now The Redux." would you know that almost everything that is portrayed in that movie is true. It just didn't happen all at once like in the movie. Oh the Author was warned by the Government not to publish. He did & had a car accident & was killed on a lonely stretch of road 3 months later. Strange that. Oh, again the Marlon Brando Character was based on 2 people one was an ex CO of mine from Cairns, an Australian. The other, an American, lived at Murwillumbah until recently before he went back to America to die of Cancer. Both had a CIA price on their head. As Willard was told, “He’s winning the War without any restraints.”

Cont,
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 20 June 2013 12:03:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont,

As far as the middle East goes. Let them destroy themselves to the last man then step in, but not before. Of course the big cry is, 'what about the civilians' There are no civilians. They are all involved in the fight, Men, women & children. They are used to it. It's been this way for 5000 years. Our perception of horror is entirely different to theirs. That's what the Do Gooders in the West fail to understand. The fighting & killing each other is just natural to them. I know that it's hard for us to comprehend. But thems the facts, lump it or leave it.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 20 June 2013 12:03:51 PM
Jayb,

I think that that pipeline had about thirty miles to go through Georgia to the northern Turkish border when the Russians invaded in 2008, precisely to stop the whole project dead. Bullying worked in that case.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 20 June 2013 3:45:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy