The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestinian Israeli conflict is about much more than settlements > Comments

Palestinian Israeli conflict is about much more than settlements : Comments

By Or Avi-Guy, published 5/6/2013

The chorus might blame 'the settlements,' but too often the settlements are merely a distraction, when the real objection is to 'Zionist national identity'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
The problem goes back to the Koran.
Islamists are commanded to convert the Jews and other infidels or
put them to the sword.

It IS a religious war, not a racial war.

From 642 onwards they invaded other lands including what is now called
Palestine and/or Israel.
The Crusades were staged by European Christians to restore Christian
and indirectly Jewish control of Judea.

Ever since Islam came into existence in 642 they have been a b*&%^y nuisance.
Their war and push into Europe has been continuous since those days.
There have been at least two armed invasions of Europe by Islamists
and it is still going on. Now the tactics have changed, and it is
done now with legal and illegal immigration.

They are not shy to proclaim that Sharia Law will govern everywhere.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 11 June 2013 11:56:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fungus, as I suggested before, you should broaden your reading as it seems you are only looking at material which supports your prejudiced point of view. Your hatred of Israel stops you seeing that although tremendous problems do exist and must be dealt with, the settlements form just a part.

Also, talking of not bringing people to justice and allowing them them to become prominent politicians, take a look at Iran, for instance, where two suspects in the bombing of a Jewish centre in Buenos Aires are candidates in Iran's presidential election.
Posted by jet, Tuesday, 11 June 2013 4:50:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In response to jet:

Hmmm. You say I should broaden my reading on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Regarding what I have read about it, I have read books by Edward Said, Jacqueline Rose, Antony Loewenstein, John Pilger, Norman Finkelstein, Amira Haas, Noam Chomsky, and Gideon Levy.

Regarding what you call my "hatred of Israel", I don't hate Israel. I just hate the way it treats the Palestinians.

If you think I should widen my reading, then I welcome your suggestions as to what books I should read.
Posted by fungus, Saturday, 15 June 2013 11:59:16 AM
Hi Arab. Since when has "Kuwait" been "part of Iraq?"

The geographic area generally known through history as "Mesopotamia" has been a part of somebody's empire for 3000 years. Kuwait became a sheikdom protectorate of the British in 1899 because the sheik who's tribe traditionally claimed Kuwait as their territory feared its outright annexation by the Ottomans. Most of the Middle East was simply provinces of the Ottoman Empire. The state of Iraq (or even Syria) never even existed before the British and the French drew the lines in the sand after WW2 which delineate these states today. Naturally, the local Arabs squabbled about that, like they squabble over everything anyway. The Saudis claimed that all of Syria and Iraq was really part of Arabia, but the Poms and the Frogs were having none of that.

The point is, that somebody had to delineate where these states existed, and if the Arabs were so backward and barbaric that they did not even know what "a theodolite" was , then somebody had to do it for them. Say "Thank you, Europe."

What significance the civil war in "East" and "West" Pakistan has on this topic, you did not elaborate on.

But since you are an Arab, why don't you just do what HAMAS, The Muslim Brotherhood, and Hezbollah routinely do, and tell fungus what this is really all about? The Arabs consider "Palestine" to be "Arab" and 'Muslim" land and nothing short of the extermination of the Jewish state will satisfy you. But you won't, because you know that people like fungus may be stupid but they are useful to you. So, you will go on pandering to their childish misconceptions about "Israeli oppression" and "Palestinian victims" to enlist their support.

And as a typical racist and nationalistic Arab, you must wonder what is wrong with people like Fungus, who think that nationalism and sticking up for your own people is something that you should be ashamed of?
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 16 June 2013 6:47:32 AM
So, LEGO, you think I'm stupid because I am not racist towards Arabs?
And you think I'm stupid because I claim - correctly - that Israel oppresses the Palestinians? That I think the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is more complicated than the simple fact that there are Arab Muslims involved?

You claim that the Arabs are "backward and barbaric", and that they should thank Europe for modern technology. Yet, when Europe was in the Dark Ages, the Arab world was in what is known as the "Islamic Golden Age", in which they were studying philosophy and science. It was the Arabs at this time who translated the ancient Greek texts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_golden_age
Posted by fungus, Monday, 17 June 2013 10:57:45 AM
Fungus wrote: " It was the Arabs at this time who translated the ancient Greek texts."
It sounds respectful and quite politically correct but do you mean that, say, Byzantine scholars of that time whose native language was Greek (and their western neighbors) had real need in such courteous help of the Arabs who got the "ancient Greek texts" by conquering and plundering of the old Greek cultural seats in Egypt and Syria? ;
Posted by Kondrakr, Monday, 17 June 2013 11:48:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy