The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A sane view on the 'climate change' issue > Comments

A sane view on the 'climate change' issue : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 24/5/2013

The Oklahoma City tornado brought forth a few excited claims that this was all due to 'climate change', but even IPCC Chairman Pachauri has pooh-poohed that notion.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Oh ye of little faith Don.

I have it on good authority from my great Aunty (and she is not to be crossed) that at present rates AGM is raising sea levels by 1mm a decade.

I repeat: 1mm a decade.

I repeat: 1mm a decade.

Meaning that in 3,000 years canal real-estate will be slightly effected.

Then you'll be sorry.

And me and my (great) Aunty.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:38:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! We're all going to die! We're going to be roasted, fried, and fricaseed! The planet won't be here any more! Here's a link to the Guardian for scientific proof. What about our grandchildren!? We need government grants for all the technocrats, sack-cloth and ashes for the hoi polloi, and starvation for the third world. Only then do we have any chance of a truly moral, sustainable society! Anyone who doesn't agree with the new state religion is a heretic oops denier and should be burnt at the stake. I am God's representative on earth.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Friday, 24 May 2013 5:30:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
aren't we on to the newest scare yet? Billions poured down the drain to fill the pockets of those supporting the gw religion. If you want to be rich get in early on the next scare from the EU.
Posted by runner, Friday, 24 May 2013 5:33:37 PM
Good point runner;

“Wind farm operators in Scotland have been paid nearly £6 million over the past 33 days not to generate electricity, more than was paid out for the whole of last year. Campaigners claim there has never been a longer period of consecutive payments and are continuing to call for the energy regulator to investigate. From April 13 to May 13 this year, some £5.994m was paid out to operators by the National Grid, with all but £2000 going to developments in Scotland. The total for the whole of 2012 was £5.924m. The latest payments bring the total paid since January 1 to £7.8m and this week alone 20 wind farms have shared a total payout of £2.12m. --David Ross, The Glasgow Herald, 16 May 2013”.

Luciferase,

You say << I continue to be amused by the claim there has been no warming trend for 15 years >>.

Yep, so do we!

Don’t worry, you have two conclusions yet to realize. One, it’s getting even more amusing and two; it never was funny in the first place.

Why don’t you do the right thing and send your pseudo-scientific clap trap to those who can do something about it, the IPCC. Everyone else has deserted your cause and left you with precisely what you started with in the first place, rubbish.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 24 May 2013 5:39:36 PM
spindoc,

"....European union consumers have subsidized renewable energy investors by a staggering 600 billion euros since 2004..."

http://www.ewea.org/blog/2013/02/fossil-fuel-subsidies-are-public-enemy-number-one/

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2012/08/has-there-ever-been-a-level-energy-playing-field-putting-renewables-subsidies-in-context

I understand that you have no interest in putting the fossil fuel vs renewable subsidies into context.

I also understand why you would quote Benny Peiser.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Benny_Peiser

Now there's non-partisan source (sarc)
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 24 May 2013 6:13:28 PM
"Why don’t you do the right thing and send your pseudo-scientific clap trap to those who can do something about it, the IPCC."

Spindic, the IPCC and the greater scientific community is already well aware of what you call pseudo-science but what is actually cold (pardon that), hard, scientific fact.

If you and others wish to celebrate an apparent European withdrawal from climate action through its emergency economic imperative, fine, but don't claim to have science behind you.

With each post the depth of your ignorance seems fully plumbed then you go and dash that with a subsequent post.
Posted by Luciferase, Friday, 24 May 2013 6:15:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy