The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tony Abbott goes back to court in June > Comments

Tony Abbott goes back to court in June : Comments

By Alan Austin, published 13/5/2013

David Ettridge is now suing Abbott for an apology and more than $1.5 million in damages, alleging his campaign was unlawful.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
Hello again,

Intriguing discussion. Thank you.

@cohenite: Anthony, Anthony, Anthony!

This is actually quite amusing now. But I suspect you now understand our earlier exchange.

Remember this?

“The key problem with the article [yours last December, Anthony, which you linked above] seems to be the author’s confusing the association started by Wilson and Blewitt with the 'slush fund'.

"A fund is an account with a bank or other financial institution into which monies are placed for later disbursement, usually by cheque. There was at least one bank account used by the association in question after it had been incorporated.

"But an incorporated association is a different entity from its bank accounts. The former is legally constituted by a commissioner after all legal requirements are met. The latter are opened by a financial institution on application by eligible account holders.

"What Ms Gillard referred to in her discussions within Slater and Gordon as a 'slush fund' was a bank account, not the association.

"Does this make sense? Perhaps if the author has an accountant or a lawyer, he or she may be able to explain the technical difference.

"Because it’s fairly important. This is the confusion in the mind of the author that renders most of his argument nonsensical.” [end of extract}

Anthony, your comments regarding the PM here on this thread are still nonsensical. They will only become coherent when you apply the same distinction to funds and associations in the Wilson/Blewitt matter you seem keen to make in the Abbott/Ettridge affair.

Why don’t you?

Then you will see why “Gillard has not been subject to any judicial scrutiny at all”.

It is not for want of nutjobs like Ralph Blewitt taking sworn statements to the police or energetic police investigation. It is for want of the simple comprehension of the difference between a fund and an associated entity.

That and there not being any other evidence of any wrongdoing whatsoever.

Cheers,
Posted by Alan Austin, Friday, 17 May 2013 5:24:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why has Abbott hired a prominent QC?

Because when Ettridge's case collapses, Ettridge will be paying for it.

Why is the media not interested?

Because it is old news, and there is nothing scandalous like Juliar sleeping with a crook and pretending she knew nothing.

Why hasn't Abbott stood aside?

Why should he? He is not accused of anything criminal such as Slipper, Thomson, and Juliar were.

Let's wait until June to watch Ettridge, who cannot get any one to support him in court, get shredded.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 18 May 2013 5:47:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lexi - I'm constantly amazed by the gall and arrogance of these
people. But then why should I be surprised. These are the
people who support the politics of money and power. An
ideology of greed

Sadly I'm not, in fact its exactly what I expect of bottom feeding bloodsucking parasites. The clowns have long been getting away with actions that would have landed any company director who did exactly the same in the big house for the term of his natural. Furthermore, we've seen upper houses, oppositions, the judiciary & governors / governors general all turn a blind eye to all manner of nefarious political doings since the dawn of time. This can only mean that all the aforementioned are equally culpable.
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 18 May 2013 7:25:13 AM
Dear Prax.,

Thanks for your comments.

I don't have the answers to the big questions in life.
I'm still on my own road to discovery. Yes, I've met
some bad people along the way. But I've also met some
amazing souls. I've also learned that even bad people
can surprise you at times, in a good and unexpected way.
We've all got obstacles to overcome. They are our
greatest teachers.

See you on another discussion.
Posted by Lexi, Saturday, 18 May 2013 9:02:09 AM
It`s criminal the media can slander, lie and use the source says to give people an impression on guilt like what has happened to anyone who stands in the way of Mr Abbott becoming PM! Our papers and news have been over taken by personal views and interest and the core story is lost with uneducated non truth of so called information and vilification. To do as much damage as possible, to deny the public of Australia to have a fair debate. Over and over again my PM is printed in the most disturbing light while Mr Abbott is projected as a saint! I want to know the real Mr Abbott not the god like figure he is portrayed as. Ms Gillard has answered every question asked of her in the concerns of her time being a lawyer and has been investigated for years with no court case, yet found guilty by media and LNP public, with no proof. Mr Abbott IS in court for has dealings in bringing down a political party and I see NOTHING on any page of any paper, WHY? Google Mr Abbott and ONE NATION and everyone can see exactly what he has done but the LNP people dont care and wont bother because they have been taught not to believe truth or facts. Mr Murdoch is doing a great job at messing with our country and we should all ask, what is in it for him? Gold Coast dinners with Mr Abbott and Gina Rinehart tells me something and its not playing yatzee. Its playing with each and every Australians lives. Mr Murdoch needs to keep his own agenda out of this country and let the great people decide for them selves on who should manage this brilliant strong country with knowing the facts and truth, not the bias intention to get what HE wants. This should send a clear message to all of us that something smells here in a big way and we should not except it as normal.
Posted by Justice Time, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 5:23:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy