The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An unusual election budget awaits us > Comments

An unusual election budget awaits us : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 3/5/2013

How did the world's best Treasurer get into this pickle? Alas, there are no really good answers to this question.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Rhosty,

If Juliar and Whine had not gone on a vast spending spree in spite of the rivers of gold from mining, the $70 accumulated surplus could have funded an awful lot. Now we have a $270bn debt with a nearly $10bn annual repayment that could have paid for the NDIS and some of Gonski.

What we have now is a debt that needs to be repaid. This should be done by selling what remains of Telstra, Quantas, NBN etc.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 5 May 2013 6:11:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've spent considerable time pondering the various expense items and am far from convinced scrapping negative gearing would be a good idea. The very first target for me would be the bottom-dwelling parasites responsible for the financial poo, namely the red-headed witch, the dying duck and the myriad of has-been parasites living in luxury courtesy of taxpayers. Why should the <censored> responsible get away scot free ? Second on my list are countries like Indonesia who get massive amounts of aid but don't have the gumption to deal with their people smuggler issues. Third item to be dealt with are the ostensibly 'humanitarian' rip-off lawyers who make millions representing aliens .... rack off Noddy, go get an honest job. The list goes on and on, zillions of dollars squandered on ever more inane causes.
Posted by praxidice, Sunday, 5 May 2013 7:07:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy