The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > FOIA, government-funded climate science and hole-digging > Comments

FOIA, government-funded climate science and hole-digging : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 20/3/2013

What is the point of modelling reality if you never check to see how well you do it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Public service corruption at the CSIRO and BOM must be prosecuted and the missing 10 millions dollars returned, otherwise how else will the public have any trust in governments at a Local, State and Federal level considering these governments spent taxpayers cash on man made global warming, now exposed as a scam..
Posted by Dallas, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 10:39:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow!

Good stuff Ms Marohasy. Well written, very interesting, makes excellent points and poses some very good questions. No argument here from me.

I wait with anticipation to read other's comments.
Posted by voxUnius, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 10:39:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It should only take one term to eliminate govt debt AND fund the NDIS, should Abbot and Hockey merely comb the govt books and eliminate any and all program eveny remotely dealing with matters 'climate change'.
Posted by Prompete, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:43:20 AM
Short memories is it not? Climate research was/is about a CO2 emissions trading scheme. I think Tony Abbott still plans to have an ETS, he will change the carbon tax to an ETS.
Oy os am,using to me how climate is subject of debate and then it changes to CO2.

If science is real science in the climate modelling and associated super computing, why is photosynthesis-linked warmth in ocean micro and macro algae plant matter apparently not included in that science?

Algae has warmth retaining capabilities. Ocean produces over 50 percent of world oxygen.
Ocean covering 72% of this planet's surface has the dominating influence on weather worldwide.
It seems possible there is more algae plant matter in the ocean than there is plant matter on land.

An unprecedented human population with unprecedented nutrient rich sewage dumped daily into rivers and ocean ecosystems worldwide is causing an apparent overload of nutrients proliferating historically unprecedented algae.

So what is the reaction to that worldwide sewage nutrient dumping action?
How about some academic response accordingly?
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 6:35:26 PM
Error above. Sorry about that. Should read:
It is amusing to me how climate is subject of debate and then it changes to CO2.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 6:41:48 PM
On the face of it this is a national scandal; that it has happened under the watch of a demonstrably incompetent and atguably corrupt government is no coincidence.

It puts paid to the grotesque argument from authority on the basis of the unfettered integrity of climate scientists which is the main argument in favour of AGW.

Hopefully some of the usual apologists for AGW science and scientists will appear and tell us that Jennifer is wrong, and why.
Posted by cohenite, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 7:00:04 PM
International scandal, not just national.
Misappropriation of vast sums of money too.
Misleading Parliament as well.

Meanwhile there is a real crisis right on our very doorstep, antibiotic resistant TB at Torres Strait in fact. And while CO2 nonsense has soaked up money and time, government has withdrawn required funding for TB clinics that were already fighting the resistance in the Cape York - PNG area.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323639604578368713932306032.html?mod=dist_smartbrief
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 20 March 2013 7:56:29 PM
I totally agree that this climate thing is rubbish. This morning while I was gazing out over the edge of the flat earth, some fool tried to tell me the earth revolves around the sun. Can you beleive it! What next? Humans related to apes?
Posted by spinifex, Thursday, 21 March 2013 4:06:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy