The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When 'feminism' becomes sexism > Comments

When 'feminism' becomes sexism : Comments

By Bob Montgomery, published 12/2/2013

I don’t doubt that gender differences in psychology reflect gender differences in biology.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
...It may be a romantic notion, a feminine figurehead of “Scout” Finch, but it not a desirable one! Women should be themselves, no argument; but women will “never” be men, and it would be a refreshing sign to see some acknowledgement of that fact in the world of the “feminazi”(or "Stalinist", you choose).
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 10:13:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diver Dan, Perhaps you are intimidated by me, a mere woman? Is that why you didn't reply to my questions? Are you unable to express that natural and admirable male 'aggressive' nature on the internet?

And furthermore, Diver Dan, when does that natural male aggression become nasty bullying? Let's have a clear explanation of how far you think a man can go in using his agression to deny a woman a choice.

Perhaps you simply unable to formulate a rational verbal response that explains your view? Of course a real 'man' prefers action to talk, aggression to negotiation.

But did you not ever notice that the old traditional western way of prescribing male/female relationships and family set-ups only works for a some people; it doesn't work for lots of people and you are not going to force us all to behave in the way that you think is 'best'.

It is good that you are able to use the term 'the other' but I wonder if you really understand the concept and the philosophy behind it? Could you give me a reference to something you have read about the idea, or perhaps you could provide some sort of definition that would show that you actually have the cognitive ability to understand the term because I'm quite sure that your usage is just rubbish lol.
Posted by Mollydukes, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 11:05:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whoops it wasn't the Diver Dan man who used the term 'the other'. I can't remember now, who did gratuitously and erroneously use it, but the paragraph in the above comment refers to you; you know who you are.

Now ain't that just like a woman eh? They always get it wrong but they also are more likely to admit to making a mistake and this is a very good thing.
Posted by Mollydukes, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 11:08:53 AM
'However, depicting this as some clever, self-serving plot by men, who thereby enjoy great advantages, flies in the face of the facts.'

Oh come on. Haven't you heard about....... 'The Patriarchy!' Any feminist worth their salt knows we have those secret meetings.

'The more typically ‘masculine’ a man is, the more his health will suffer, the more prematurely he will die, the worse his intimate and family relationships will be, and the worse he will handle psychological difficulties, like surviving a traumatic experience.'

Yeah but that's all his own fault (Unless he's aboriginal or something). That's his own stupid pride, and that's his own stupid fault for trying to fit in and trying to attract females by being a bad boy or a 'Real Man'. Grrrr.

On the other hand, when chicks starve themselves for similar reasons it's all men's fault for being attracted to women, or else 'objectifying' them.

If there's one thing I have learned about feminism it's that women bear no responsibility for our culture. It's all the Patriarchy's fault, they plan it all in their secret meetings.

'Now ain't that just like a woman eh? They always get it wrong '

' when does that natural male aggression become nasty bullying?'
When any bullying task force is set up the first directive is to convince people they are being bullied.

'Let's have a clear explanation of how far you think a man can go in using his agression to deny a woman a choice.'

Let's be clear on how far a man is expected to go to protect a woman.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 12:37:27 PM
Mollydukes:

...You’ll have to stop behaving like a girl Mollydukes…man-up, remember it’s a world of equal opportunity!
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 12:52:47 PM
It is me you are referring to, Mollydukes. I am cognizant of the term 'other.' I had it drummed into me when doing my undergraduate Artz degree. Levinas was the most prolific user of the term, however, it gets used by all academics of the leftist persuasion.

Generally, it refers to the "not I." That is, any group/person/tribe/nation that possesses different customs, characteristics, and/or beliefs than the dominant or most popular group/person etc. Therefore, it is in the correct context to use it against feminists. Feminists believe they are the "fair" sex/gender, the "egalitarian" sex/gender etc, and men are the brutal, unfair, domineering sex/gender; therefore men are 'other.'

You can moralise all you like, Mollydukes, but male aggression isn't going anywhere any time soon. It is an instinctual characteristic that even the most severe self-discipline and social engineering cannot eradicate. All attempts to eradicate it will only see it emerge in other ways. Want to eradicate physical sports? Then expect all that male aggression to come out somewhere else; maybe not in such an acceptable place.
Posted by Aristocrat, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 1:58:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy