The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Jobs for the girls > Comments

Jobs for the girls : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 11/2/2013

So far as I know, prior to this appointment, Mathieson had shown no interest or expertise in men's health or fatherhood issues.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
First, thank you Babette for being a voice in men's & boy's corner, it a rare thing in today's PC world.
Your treatment by Gillard is indicative of contemporary attitudes towards the male. When an obviously unjust situation arises, with the male being the loser, there are usually 3 attitudes taken by most. I'll answer these attitudes directly below them.
1. Historically females have been discriminated against so it is only fair that males are now discriminated against.
This whole argument is suspect - men were also certainly discriminated against historically, just in different ways. War, dangerous work & physical sacrifice were - & still are - mostly male only. Also, how is it just for contemporary males to pay for the sins of their fathers?
2. Males are losing to females in some situation simply because males are inherently inferior to females.
This is just ridiculous, and sad really, that many people (male & female) hold this attitude. That it is almost the zeitgeist is disgusting to say the least.
3. Females deserve/need to be helped/advanced, to male detriment, because they are inferior. Females can’t compete on a level base with males so society should drag the male back so they can.
While I certainly agree that most females can’t compete with most males in certain areas – mostly physical – holding males back is harming to all of us. There are also areas where most males can’t compete with most females – mostly social. In the pursuit of fairness do we need to hold females back in those areas? The vast majority would say no.
It’s a sad indictment on humankind that all ideologies always end up blaming a certain part of society & then systemically try to bring that certain part down & if allowed, to crush them into servitude or destruction. The ideology of Feminism is no different.
Feminists, leftist radicals mostly, now hold enormous sway in all powerful institutions of Western society; government, judicial, government agencies, non-government agencies, main stream media, academic & psychological/medical.
What will they do with that power?
Posted by bulldogo, Tuesday, 12 February 2013 4:35:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
>>What will they do with that power?<<

The same thing they do every night: try to take over the world!

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Tuesday, 12 February 2013 5:12:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Babette,

It appears to me that you deserved an apology from the fiery redhead for her unseemly conduct on that committee, but I suspect 'apology' is not in her vocabulary - and the very thought of it would probably make her nauseous. She appears to have little or no interest in any viewpoint or opinion which doesn't coincide precisely with her own. Steel-jawed, steel-eyed, and steel-minded, I'm afraid.

Ms Gillard throws 'misogyny' around like a hand grenade, but I have to wonder if she is not something of a 'misandrist' - despite her having a male 'suitor'. Poor Tim, he must be a very understanding and docile personality - either that or possibly a masochist (or a can't-help-himself philogynist)?

Men are an unappreciated brethren, continually cast in the character of 'rogue', or henpecked to death - it's no wonder we're dying in droves well before our time. More TLC, please.

Tim, my stereotypical image of a Men's Health Ambassador? Not really. But then, Jeff Kennett isn't really my stereotypical image of a Men's Depression Ambassador - though the thought of him tends to make me depressed.

I'm sure Tim deserves all the support he can get, and if he can get boys to study harder, eat healthy foods, keep fit, and put career before romance, that would be a boon.
Posted by Saltpetre, Tuesday, 12 February 2013 5:37:20 AM
So Warwick Marsh was dismissed from his job as Ambassador for Men's Health because of his opinion that men and women are different and that children do best when raised by both their mother and father who are married to each other.

Could this be grounds for an unfair dismissal claim, given that the Gillard government is proposing to make "political opinion" a protected attribute under federal anti-discrimination law?

Sadly, it appears not. I understand that the proposed legislation would exempt the government from any such claims. What's sauce for the gander is not sauce for the goose in our topsy-turvy world.
Posted by Edmund Burke, Tuesday, 12 February 2013 12:17:33 PM
you ssum it up perfectly Edmund Burke.

'So Warwick Marsh was dismissed from his job as Ambassador for Men's Health because of his opinion that men and women are different and that children do best when raised by both their mother and father who are married to each other. '

Emasculated men have allowed this dogma of feminist to dominate the landscape hence the promotion of incompetent dishonest woman and men. No wonder they hate Abbott so much as a man who has loved his wife and raised three daughters. The feminist/homosexual media hate it.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 February 2013 2:45:54 PM
Edmund Bourke & Runner,

Yes I believe so. This is blatant unfair dismissal of Warwick.

I'm repeating something I put in another post (don't know how to do link).

More importantly is what the calculating PM Gillard did to Tony Abbott on accusing him of misogyny, of all people, just because he is a bit blokey. What she has done is softening the real meaning of misogyny, and then the idiots (latte sippers) try to change its meaning in the Macquarie Dictionary. In the end comparing it with sexism. Which is so demeaning to the women who have already suffered misogyny abuse. It is so disgusting what Gillard did, and then she gets applause from the insensitive dumbos. Where are the so called feminsists in all this.

One award winning Australian author, Wayne Grogan (crime writer) who knows the real meaning of misogyny, as he has written about it, has since challenged Gillard. Good on him, I say!

www.storycentral.com.au/.../terror-australis-author-takes-aim-at-gillar...

http://www.6pr.com.au/blogs/6pr-perth-blog/misogyny-defined-for-pm/20121105-28uco.html
Posted by Constance, Wednesday, 13 February 2013 7:26:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy