The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The search for a godless vision of morality in Australian politics > Comments

The search for a godless vision of morality in Australian politics : Comments

By Mitchell Landrigan, published 4/2/2013

Julia Gillard's appointment as Prime Minister heralded an end to a sustained period of Christian leadership by her predecessors.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
This article to me offers a very good reason for the surgical removal of belly buttons at birth. It would perhaps allow some people to meditate on something of value.

Yuri I dont know what media you use, but there has never been a politician so heavily supported by our ABC, or most of the rest of the media.

Give the lady a fair go! God help us. She was given every opportunity by every one I know. The fact that she blew it on less than a week shows what a lying, conniving bit of trash she is.

I have never been able to understand how anyone could possibly believe in a god, however if I thought the difference in behaviour & ethics between Howard & Gillard stems from a belief in god, I would be instantly converted.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 4 February 2013 9:54:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gillard has her own brand of irrational belief -- belief in her own destiny as a leader who can outdo Rudd by snatching victory out of a desperate crisis. And this has led her into ever-more desperate attempts to manufacture crises -- real or imaginary -- for the sole purpose of snatching us out of.
Posted by Jon J, Monday, 4 February 2013 12:22:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'the greatest moral challenge of the century ' not the killing of the unborn babies, not the hijacking by the homosexual lobby, not the rise of Islam, not the godless immoral doctrination of the secularist, not the lies of Dawkins, Hitchens promoted by the National Broadcaster but man made climate change. What an absolute joke and this from a 'Christian' PM. The author has a lot of work to do is he is to undertand anything about Christians and belief systems.
Posted by runner, Monday, 4 February 2013 12:31:54 PM
I think we are about to have a Royal Commission into Christian ethics? Can we get back to you on this?
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 4 February 2013 1:19:32 PM
Applied "Christian" ethics 101 as recorded in the historical record.
By their blood-soaked "fruits" you will surely know them!
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/cruelty.html
Posted by Daffy Duck, Monday, 4 February 2013 1:28:07 PM
I may be missing something but I thought I voted for a politician to represent me in our Government, not for someone to look after my spiritual needs. Being a Christian is not a requisite for Prime Minister. Compassion is seen to be a Christian trait and yet the Catholic Church and Mr Abbott have shown poor taste when victimising asylum seekers aka 'boat people'. It is M/s Gillard who is championing the poor and the disabled, she is trying to give everyone a 'fair go' in the education field ... do you need more to see how she is probably more of a Christian than some practicing Christians??

Going to Macdonalds' doesn't make you a hamburger just as going to Church doesn't make you a Christian.
Posted by mally, Monday, 4 February 2013 2:23:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy