The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An eye for an eye in human rights law > Comments

An eye for an eye in human rights law : Comments

By David Palmer, published 23/1/2013

I, as a religious person, find Marr's reference to those of religious faith as 'bigots' deeply offensive and insulting.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
That's pretty revealing, citizen. About you, that is.

>>From close observation of David over many years my conclusion is that David 'has a problem' with christianity because his feelings of guilt surrounding anal sex were instilled as part of his education and the only way he can express the tension between his personal behaviour and his conditioned state is to repeatedly declare how 'bigoted' the church is<<

How do you feel about atheists in general?

Do you perhaps suspect that we are all homosexuals with feelings of guilt surrounding anal sex? If not, what possible relevance does Mr Marr's sexual life have to your conclusion? The psychological implications of your comment are pretty interesting, but you probably would not want to explore those right now, would you..

Mind you, I tend to think that attraction to religion in general tends to be infested with feelings of guilt - and let's face it, you have far more things to feel guilty about than the average atheist.

I recall in my youth finding a Catholic lad at my school in floods of tears because he had inadvertently eaten meat in the school canteen... on a Friday! Shock, horror.

Is that the kind of guilt you had in mind?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 27 January 2013 3:14:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy