The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The greatest human impact of all > Comments

The greatest human impact of all : Comments

By Julian Cribb, published 18/1/2013

While climate change has grabbed the media and policy limelight there is another, far larger, human impact on ourselves, on Planet Earth and on all life in it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Qanda, no computer model programs at all.
However I can see how small inaccuracies can become very significant
over long periods of time.
To try and guess the climate that far out seems to be pushing your luck.

As far as I am aware, Aklett's data has turned out to be quite accurate.
I hope you have not been taken in by the shale oil hype ?
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 26 January 2013 8:04:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks Bazz, I misunderstood - I wrongly inferred you had some experience with the various climate models.

Insofar as Aleklett, can you link to some independent source concerning his accuracy?

Best not pre-empt AR5 just yet.
Posted by qanda, Saturday, 26 January 2013 10:12:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Qanda,
No I have never seen anything that contradicted the Upsalla data.
Somewhere I saw a graph using the Upsalla data that showed the
temperature rise to be about the same amount lower than the lowest
IPCC track was below the 2nd lowest IPCC projection.

Anyway, while I am skeptical I am not rusted on.
I do suspect though that it would be cheaper to adapt to whatever happens.
It is now fairly obvious that co2 emissions are not going to be suppressed by all countries.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 26 January 2013 10:38:22 AM
I don't know what Julian Cribb did with his 1.4kg of chemical output but I'm pretty sure 99.9999% of mine just broke down in the field where it was sprayed or has ended up in landfill where it will make an interesting archeological dig some time around year 2451.

The mark of a trully sloppy intellect is the failure to actually account for the amounts one is trying to scare people with. He does accept, I hope, that most chemical compounds break down quite quickly after application. If they did not then the chemical industry could simply run off mountains of the stuff at tremendous economies of scale and then stockpile the stuff for later use. But they don't because the compounds do break down.
Posted by Lance Boyle, Sunday, 27 January 2013 3:28:42 PM
This has little to do with the preceding comments, but does fit the title - The greatest human impact.
Check out this article and weep for the idiocy of our politicians and economists who are leading us to self destruction.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article33723.htm
Posted by ybgirp, Sunday, 27 January 2013 3:37:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Lance Boyle, evidence please for your assertion that most chemicals break down quite quickly - and even if they do, exactly what do they break down into - more, but different chemicals? And what about all the chemicals, heavy metals etc in our river beds and bays as a result of using waterways as chemical dumps
Posted by Candide, Monday, 28 January 2013 3:01:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy