The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Arnold, the massive muscular body and the American dream > Comments

Arnold, the massive muscular body and the American dream : Comments

By Peter West, published 17/1/2013

Total recall, but totally without emotion. Who is the real Schwarzenneger?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Para 3.

Arnie hails from Austria, not Australia.
Posted by JohnBennetts, Thursday, 17 January 2013 11:01:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yesterday Arnold did an AMA, for non Redditors that's Ask Me Anything and it involves interesting people coming on and inviting questions. Obama did one late last year.
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/16mq0g/iamarnold_ask_me_anything/

This question was really a statement;

“Arnold, you were an inspiration to my father who died 9 years ago. He framed your cover of Vanity Fair magazine, signed it himself, put it on his desk, and told everyone that you signed it for the entirety of his career as a trainer. I just wanted to let you know that you were a very personal hero for my father and if he were alive today, he'd be first in line to see every one of your movies.”

This was the response - http://imgur.com/nC7V0

The poster now intends to frame it and put it on his desk.

Reddit can be an acquired taste and is certainly not for everyone but It does afford insights into people that we might not otherwise get and after Arnold's effort I can understand why he is so liked.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 17 January 2013 11:57:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm glad the author only sometimes teaches English. Might I suggest he stops teaching English if this article is an example of his ability. A mish-mash of tenses, stating with the past tense in Austria then inexplicably switching to clunky historical present in California, and the whole thing as dull, apparently, as the book he is reviewing. Or was that the point?
Posted by Candide, Thursday, 17 January 2013 1:28:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy