The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is our destiny to become gods or dodos? > Comments

Is our destiny to become gods or dodos? : Comments

By Brian Holden, published 19/12/2012

It is the regular and incessant ticking of the clock which creates the delusion that time flows regardless of anything else happening.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
"Is our destiny to become gods or dodos?"

It is a daft question because if, as you tell us, "...every event that has ever happened and every event that ever will happen, are here with us right now." Then surely we already know the answer?

Which is: Some of 'us' have become gods and some of 'them' have become dodos.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 12:23:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Daffy,

The links you provided were: how can I put this nicely? Interesting, as in the Chinese Curse.

I really don’t understand what it is you get out of such links? They may well be “the most fascinating that (you) have ever read but why?

Is there a point? A perspective? An opinion? Is there something you think is relevant to anything? What does this “subjective opinion” mean to you and more importantly, what do you think others might think of these links?

Whilst do I think Brian has lost the plot, all you offer is confirmation that he is not alone.

What are you saying, what is your opinion, what point are you trying to make? Surely there is something between your ears?

You remind me of a WWII soldier behind the sandbags, leaping up periodically, pulling the pin and lobbing an explosive device that consistently fails to go off!

What on earth is the “cultural significance of time in relation to culture”? What are you on?

Surely you have something to add, so what is it?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 19 December 2012 1:29:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
moving away from dodos dead end...

Quantum physics is study of subatomic particles...

for the uninitiated...take any object and divide by half...and keep going...what is the end...till the 50's it was assumed there is an end to division...and that was at the atomic level...

since increasing evidence showed that atoms were made up of further particles...and research continues...

BUT at this level the studies showed an abnormal variability to observations even when all parameters were kept constant in the test...repeatability is an important aspect of any research...

and it seems presence of a mind observing the results was affecting the results...thats the basics...so your mind...or specifically consciousnesses...can affect matter...

now enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yNoUTPRbl0

sam
Posted by Sam said, Thursday, 20 December 2012 8:36:09 AM
Hi Sam said,

“Quantum physics is study of subatomic particles...”

Really? So what does the Standard Model study? It is the Standard Model that defined the parts of the Nucleus as Protons and Neutrons; It also defined the math behind “some” of the particles that comprise Protons and Neutrons, Quarks, the Up, Down, Top, Bottom, Strange and Charm.

Quantum studies the same sub atomic particles and was used to mathematically predict the existence of another six particles known as Leptons, the last of which was created and identified at CERN in February 2012. Namely the Higgs Particle.

“for the uninitiated...take any object and divide by half...and keep going...what is the end...till the 50's it was assumed there is an end to division...and that was at the atomic level...”

I don’t think so. The Inverse Square Law applies only to the “Electroweak” theory which binds electrons to the nucleus by an electro magnetic field or “weak force”. The ISL states that for each unit of distance the force reduces by a factor of 2 in the two dimensional model and by a factor 4 in the three dimensional model.

“BUT at this level the studies showed an abnormal variability to observations even when all parameters were kept constant in the test...repeatability is an important aspect of any research..”.

Utter nonsense, the quantum math had absolutely NO variability. On the contrary, each of the 86 models tested to date have been proven to a factor of 10 to the power of 24, some to the power of 34. This was long before the particles were detected in the LHC.

And so to your final assertion. “and it seems presence of a mind observing the results was affecting the results...thats the basics...so your mind...or specifically consciousnesses...can affect matter..”.

Unless the mind can generate about 16 Tera E/V (Electron Volts) and emit this at 9.9999 of light speed, as does the LHC, you cannot generate any of the particles that change “charge”, “Spin” or “Mass”.

Sam, its time you went to school and stop driveling
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 20 December 2012 11:37:20 AM
This is a key issue with humanity; on the one hand are the misanthropes like DavidG who obviously hate humanity and wish humans would become extinct; on the other end to this pathological view are those who would like humans to spread beyond the Earth and explore the Universe.

Right now the Zeitgeist is with DavidG with the vile AGW scam and therein the idea that humans should be constrained by natural limitations like any other animal or as DavidG would argue, pestilence.

Personally, I would like humans to spread beyond Earth; with some areas of science not yet contaminated by the AGW disease hopefully the next step to enable such a 'spread' is not far away.

I think that 'Eureka" moment will come from quantum mechanics; one such way may be that the distance of space can be conquered by overcoming the Einstein-Podolski-Rosen (EPR) paradox.

EPR shows instantaneous 'communication' between sub-atomic particles over vast distances thus contradicting the relativistic speed of light constraint.

The problem to be overcome is that EPR cannot be used to send signals faster than light because the values of the experiment at each end are still random beyond the constraints imposed by the conservation
laws.

When the AGW scam is buried and the misanthropes are relegated back to the fringe where they belong I hope the infectious optimism that science had in the 60's can be returned.
Posted by cohenite, Thursday, 20 December 2012 12:36:52 PM
Cohenite tells us that: "Personally, I would like humans to spread beyond Earth."

Why he uses 'personally' when he is using the pronoun 'I', I don't know. But then he is a lawyer I believe and they usually charge by the word.

As to his opinion, I can but wonder why he would want to spread the murderous human plague to other universes. Perhaps he sees merit in starving half a million kids to death via sanctions (in Iraq). Perhaps he sees beauty in the sixty-plus years of occupation and genocide by Israel of the Palestinians.

He may also think that the killing of 20-30 million people by the U.S. since ww2 ended is also a triumph of human achievement. Who knows what he thinks of Nagasaki and Hiroshima, perhaps that humans are gods?

And torture and rendition, they must be high on his list of things that should be spread across the universe!

Why humans would want to spread their barbarity and cruelty elsewhere beats me! Hiding it seems a better option.
Posted by David G, Thursday, 20 December 2012 12:58:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy