The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Do we need a royal commission into the governance of Australia? > Comments

Do we need a royal commission into the governance of Australia? : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 30/11/2012

The Westminster system, as currently ‘operating’ in Australia might be examined as to whether it is the most appropriate political model for Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
The Westminster-System was born over a thousand years of English civil-wars.

Its not the problem.

1. We don't want a phony US Republican "Rich lobbyists bully the poor for cash" system - that's Dictatorship.

2. Our system has CANBERRAitis. Its a disease you get when you are responsible for 22million people and sit in a remote location where you don't have to see or care about what happens to them.

Australian's expect Federal-Politicians to sit in every state capital on a rotating basis.
3. The notion that Federal Power, Nation-building and humanitarianism give any government the right to watch good citizens grow families/businesses while undercutting them with immigrants is evil. Growing migrant intakes, dashing local & indigenous hopes with unfair competition, stealing infrastryctur& hopes from their kids to give to new grovellers willing to kiss Canberra-butt and kick local-heads (see Auburn-council, NSW) are the result.

Under Westmister this is just CORRUPTION. It's pure Animal Farm and should be called as much.

Australian Governments since Bob Hawke have shown a level of personal insecurity within the Westminster system that has cut them to the core and that has led them to corrupting a robust Westminster System into Animal-Farm Government.

The sad thing is that apart from 4% foreign ownership, Australia is far more owned and run by foreign nations than is revealed. Just look at the multicultural corruption at every local government area. The express foreign developer & jobs sanctions and yes the shootings that the cops are not allowed to solve.

Lucky country? Sure but for WHOM!

STOP IMMIGRATION NOW!

If you invite lions into your den, one minute they will lick your face the next you'll be lunch. Canberra has yet to understand this.
But SOOON many Federal politicians will. I personally hope their souls rot in hell!

Australia is NOT and never has been a 'nation-of-immigrants'. It has been a British colony except the last 30 years. To confuse mining benefits with multicultural trash and uncertainty and say we have always been that "Great Nation of immigrants" way is the ERRAND of a THIEF or a FOOL.
Posted by KAEP, Saturday, 1 December 2012 7:01:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gypsy is right. This is a must see sight.http://www.truth-now.net
Frequently Unanswered Questions.
Scott Bartle found this out when he tried to import a car from the USA,Customs would not answer his questions.Why are some of our Govt agencies registered in Washington DC with the Securities Exchange Commission? Why is our national emblem trade marked?

On a test item Scott imported, he questioned the validity Customs to charge GST + duty.Customs waivered all charges.At one point they even threatened him with investigation by the AFP.
Posted by Arjay, Saturday, 1 December 2012 7:19:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, i again state that it not necesaarily our institutions at fault, but the type and quality of leadership.

Sure many people raise different probems, but i am looking for political leadership that can call a spade a spade and appeal to the electorate about what we may need as major reform and how we can maintain our strengths as a society while we make such change. Quite simply, every interest group looking after themselves is not the solution, but a certain way to divide Aust as fiscal problems lie ahead.

This also requires our universities and thinktanks to lift their game rather than hide behind crap like our media is brainwashing the electorate to oppose supposed brilliance from Labor, or that everything will be fine with a mining boom or even an NBN. I have met a few adacemics, and i can only count a few that accept the problems ahead
Posted by Chris Lewis, Saturday, 1 December 2012 7:29:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
KAEP:

...I remember a time when Australia had under ten million people, an equitable public housing system existed, everybody who could work did, housing was affordable, and if not it was acceptable to live in a humpy or shed with your family while building a house, homelessness was the preserve of the alcoholic, a back yard was always the “norm” where a garden usually flourished with a few chooks scratching around, everybody had a backyard incinerator, kids wore no shoes from choice, and everybody spoke either English or was a pommy, petrol was inexpensive and Chines residents were generally the good guys.

...All that and more good stuff flourished amid a mandated white Australia policy…where did it all go?
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 1 December 2012 9:53:47 AM
Chris: You say: "I am looking for political leadership that can call a spade a spade and appeal to the electorate about what we may need as major reform and how we can maintain our strengths as a society while we make such change."

I agree with you. And as a result I was thinking about which of our past leaders, state or federal, might meet your specifications.

The ones I can think of are Geoff Kennett in Victoria, Ted Mack at a local level in North Sydney and maybe Bob Hawke and Paul Keating. Some might consider John Howard, but my view is that he was too weak on some issues, particularly climate change science.

No doubt there are others who might qualify such as Campbell Newman, but the jury is still out on him.
Posted by Herbert Stencil, Saturday, 1 December 2012 9:54:25 AM
The Westminster system is not the problem. The corruption of it is the issue.

If our politicians did what they are supposed to, ie; the right thing for the achievement and maintenance of a high quality of life for Australian citizens, then we’d be right.

If we can stop the terrible future-destroying pandering of government to big business, we’d be well on the right track.

We would then be able to reduce immigration right down and head towards a stable sustainable population, and we would hopefully be able to start winding back foreign ownership and regaining a higher level of control over our own land, resources and destiny.

I really don’t understand why the imperative to achieve a sustainable future draws such a small level of interest on this forum, or why the blatantly obvious in-bed relationship between our decision-makers and the powerful, rich and greedy doesn't stir a much higher level of protest.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 1 December 2012 10:14:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy