The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Israel's Iron Dome: a global game changer? > Comments

Israel's Iron Dome: a global game changer? : Comments

By Steven Meyer, published 30/11/2012

They call it David's sling, but it's a shield that even Goliaths might use.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Iron Dome may be a step in the right direction. When every country has the system then this will make them less vulnerable to attack by countries such as the USA. The shock and awe would not have been as effective in killing civilians, and Iran would be less worried about being attacked for its weapons of mass destruction (where have I heard that before?). The drones would be useless and a lot more civilians would stay alive longer.
Posted by askari, Monday, 3 December 2012 5:42:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G:

A very intelligent, constructive response. Did it take you long to write?
Do you really have nothing else to say to counter arguments challenging your extreme views? Who is the fool here?

Poirot:

“Since Gaza is as free as a bird, how does one gain entry into this zone?”

If you care to read the link you thoughtfully provided, you would find the following:

“The main point of entry is through the Erez crossing in the north, on the border with Israel... Another way in is through the Rafah Crossing in the South, on the border with Egypt.”

Not difficult to find after all is it?

“…just to keep things rolling...hardly conducive to any real effort towards peace”

This article is about Iron Dome, and we are digressing. But since you mentioned it, do you consider the ongoing rockets from Gaza conductive to a real and genuine effort towards peace?
Posted by Avw, Tuesday, 4 December 2012 8:06:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Avw,

I was being sarcastic (we do need a sarcasm punctuation mark:)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6995354/Sarcasm-punctuation-mark-aims-to-put-an-end-to-email-confusion.html

I was referring to the contorted lengths one has to go to to achieve access to Gaza through Israel - hardly ease of entry or exit for an area that is "not" under siege or duress.

My point about "..not being conducive to peace." (as you well know) was in relation to Israel "further" ratcheting up disaffection by announcing an expansion of settlements....actually provocative in the extreme.
Posted by Poirot, Tuesday, 4 December 2012 8:26:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy