The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to close Australia's diplomatic deficit > Comments

Time to close Australia's diplomatic deficit : Comments

By Ordan Andreevski, published 5/11/2012

The diplomatic deficit in Australia comes at a time when the majority of G20 countries have been strengthening their capacity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Please read this author's previous posts. He is a Macedonian trying to get Australia to spend money on his country.
Australia DOES NOT benefit from immigration and multiculturalism. As I write this response I see that some Serbians have been shooting each other at a wedding. Wake up Australia, these migrants care little for our country. Every year Australia becomes a more violent and greedy place thanks mainly to migrants. We need to stop multiculturalism and immigration now.
Posted by ozzie, Monday, 5 November 2012 7:57:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An excellent piece! Australia is becoming a force to be reckoned with in international affairs. Please recognise Macedonia as soon as possible!
Posted by Adelaide2012, Tuesday, 6 November 2012 2:25:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well written as always Mr Andreevski. Australia has a real chance to improve its relevance on the world stage, especially with the newly acquired non-permenant seat on the UN. Can we do more to increase our reach? Of course! Anyone that thinks Australia is a small fish with no say needs to wake up.

Also agree that Australia must recognise Macedonia by her constitutional name, it is getting to the point of embarrassing. Once recognised, let us utilise Macedonia to gain greater access to Balkan and European markets with Macedonia's already set up free trade agreements. Win Win for Australia and Australians.

Also, with all the youngsters now heading to Europe, including Macedonia (Contiki Tours) why not have another Embassy to help people in need? A 10 hour bus trip to Belgrade is too far!
Posted by ROB p, Wednesday, 7 November 2012 10:54:06 PM
Dear Ozzie,

I must say that I was both disgusted and yet, not surprised by your comments.

Firstly, what research do you have to suggest or propose that Australia does not benefit from multiculturalism? I'm sure the native Aboriginals of this land where claiming the same problem when your ancestors settled? The benefits of being a multicultural society are vast, but I shall name only a few.

1. Diversity can enhance Australia's ability to compete and market ourselves globally and therefore add to economic growth, employment and our standard of living.

2. Many migrants coming to Australia from all corners of the world bring with them a wealth of different languages and cultural understandings. They also link Australia into a wealth of business and personal contacts in countries where we want to do business.

For example, Australia has significant advantages in terms of economic opportunities in Asia which would not have been readily available if Australia had remained a closed society.

You say that the increasing violence in this country is due to migrants? Again, I ask you where your evidence is? You label Europeans all in one box. You say as you wrote your comment that Serbians were shooting each other at a wedding. Well, as I read your comments I see more news of the death of Jill Meagher. You can hardly argue that the man responsible for that was Multicultural can you?

Please try to be a little more knowledgeable about issues before you sprout your own " White Australia" Propaganda. It's tiring.
Posted by Katie_Ash, Monday, 12 November 2012 10:36:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy