The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > AGW law: New Zealand judgement day > Comments

AGW law: New Zealand judgement day : Comments

By Anthony Cox, published 17/9/2012

A NZ court decision finds recording and maintaining temperature records is a subjective activity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Bugsy says:

“Hey Mr 'climate statistics expert', why don't you just download the raw unadjusted "as measured" data from http://www.cliflo.niwa.co.nz and determine the temperature trend yourself? You can even apply your own adjustments, whatever you think is reasonable.”

I know the raw data is there and so is the RS93 methodology, code and all; anyone can come in and do a comparison with what NIWA allegedly produced with its 7 site series by applying RS93 to the raw data; in fact people with PhD’s after their names are doing that at this very moment as I waste my time discussing things with you.

What we don’t know Bugsy, is what NIWA has DONE with the raw data; whether they have used RS93, or if they have used RS93, how they have used it, or whether they have used any other adjustment method.

We don’t know these things Bugsy because NIWA hasn’t told us.

Bonmot has suggested I contact NIWA; he is just full of good ideas.
Posted by cohenite, Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:05:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually cohenite, NIWA has explicitly told what they did with the raw data. They archived it without adjustment, just waiting for you to have a look at. The clue is in the first paragraph of the pdf I linked to earlier:

"NIWA’s “raw” climate data (as measured, no adjustments) can be downloaded for free from NIWA’s website, http://www.cliflo.niwa.co.nz "

Those tricky buggers eh? burying that sort of information in the first paragraph.
Posted by Bugsy, Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:34:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Anthony, it is a good idea, you should try it (I bet you won't).

Word of warning though ... if you do, be nice (although on your track record I have my doubts, you wouldn't know how). You could even get brownie-points by admitting to being an interested amateur.

The info is on the website - you only want to see what you want to see.

Have you looked at the IJC recently?
Posted by bonmot, Thursday, 20 September 2012 10:59:23 AM
cohenite, go on do it. You could even do a Chow test of whether the rate of increase had changed after the replacements were made.

This will be funto watch.
Posted by Agronomist, Thursday, 20 September 2012 12:31:00 PM
Anthony Cox (aka Cohenite) - seems you lost ... again.

Indeed, your silence is deafening. This speaks volumes to all that are watching.

Bye bye
Posted by bonmot, Monday, 1 October 2012 11:18:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy