The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tasmania and same-sex marriage > Comments

Tasmania and same-sex marriage : Comments

By Michael Cook, published 7/9/2012

Somehow, in the mind of the leader of what was once a workers' party, Tasmanian prosperity is coming a distant second to same-sex marriage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I can't ignore homosexual marriage..
diver dan,
I can quite easily. Just do whatever you feel your urges tell you to but leave me out of in every which way. Do not constantly flaunt & promote it. I'm not interested in un$anitary practises, I'm interested in getting a decent society up & running. Every generation has the blessing of more hindsight than the previous yet as a society we're still raw from lack of sense.
We have politics & Laws in Australia which look close to perfect on paper but in reality we're a bunch of self-centred, greedy mutts which can't be governed & we're governed by politicians of the same calibre as the electorate. It really is a lose-lose situation.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 8 September 2012 11:03:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah so, Rev Moon? Marry everyone? What, from his grave?
All licentious levity aside.
The gay community are almost invariably cashed up?
Well, no kids and no divorces, followed by a lifetime of alimony.
Allowing them to marry and carry virtually all the responsibilities and or perceived rights of marriage, or de-facto relationships, is hardly your or my particular problem.
I mean, two gay couples, lesbian and gay guys, could buy and live in a duplex?
They could even go through sham marriages? Qualify for invitro assisted fertility or adoption. Who would know they were not just married couples who shared the motor mower? Spent lots of time in each others houses; or were brothers or sisters?
We looking in from the outside, simply couldn't tell? We couldn't tell if a brother and sister were living together and presenting as a "normal" married heterosexual couple, replete with a common surname and a station wagon full of kids?
We simply have to get over it and move on!
Stop trying to act like tyrannical control freaks, so typical of medieval belief systems, based of mystic fable, [the greatest story ever told,] and or extreme ignorance or some ALLEGED/self conferred God given right to sit in judgement?
Stone to death or burn at the stake, others who dared to be born different or defy patriarchal domination. Get out of other's bedrooms! Simply put, it's none of your business what consenting adults get up to in the privacy of their own home!
Set aside your stone age bigotry and its resultant discrimination. Allow OTHERS the same right as you would have for yourself.
Treat OTHERS as you would be treated.
Or put another way.
Do unto OTHERS as you would have done unto you.
Tiny Tassie has nothing to lose by inviting the cashed up gay community to, COME ON DOWN.
And spend your time and MANY MILLIONS here, then invite all your friends and rallies to CONTINUOUSLY FOLLOW SUIT!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 8 September 2012 11:12:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We simply have to get over it and move on!
Rhrosty,
That's exactly what I want to do but these weirdoes won't let it rest ! They keep bringing it up again & again & again. Do your thing, just leave us out of it !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 8 September 2012 1:22:41 PM
Still I don't understand why gay people bother the heterosexual community so much, given that each to there own is the Australian way of life. I think Australians have too much time on there hands:)...hence the some ridiculous posts. I think that some AUST that know the in breeding problems in some parts of..(200 years or so:) :) that anything that takes time to sort out is in your own heads......Hence why I think, you don't know how lucky you all really are....Hence stop being so simple:)

Now since I am neutral all respects, it will take you time to figure that out:)...Hence there more important things to think about.

So a joke to the writer:)...What did the country husband say to his wife after the divorce?.....Answer...."we can still be brother and sister"....its a good job I can still see the funny things of life:

The world as one.

Planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Saturday, 8 September 2012 2:11:43 PM
>>Do your thing, just leave us out of it !<<

As far as I can see this is exactly what gays are trying to do. Unfortunately some weirdoes won't let it rest because they don't like the idea of gays doing their thing. Gays would be quite happy to do their thing and leave the weirdoes out of it: the problem is that the weirdoes don't actually want to be left out of it - minding their own business is apparently a skill the weirdoes have yet to master.

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Saturday, 8 September 2012 2:31:46 PM
Tony Lavis,
Does that mean you lot are finally giving us heterosexuals the break we so long for ? If so, thank you very much. Have a happy life!
Posted by individual, Saturday, 8 September 2012 2:49:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy