The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The danger of weapons proliferation in the Middle East > Comments

The danger of weapons proliferation in the Middle East : Comments

By Julie Bishop, published 26/7/2012

It is vitally important that there be a negotiated settlement in Syria.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Careful David G, that kind of talk could get you locked up, seriously.
There's one school of thought in the alternate media which holds that Israel and the Jews have been sold out, that there won't be any support from the U.S the next time they get into it with Hezbollah or, god forbid, Iran.
The murmuring suggests that maybe Obama doesn't really work for AIPAC and the Jewish Bankers after all, that he works for Anglo Saxon power brokers who are cooking up one of their periodic grabs at world domination.
These things go in cycles, rise and fall and rise again.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 27 July 2012 7:54:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay, thanks for your friendly warning. I guess I take the position that if no one speaks out and tells the truth then, as a society, we are lost!

We can no longer rely on the MSM to tell the truth because they serve the corporations and imperial nations like Israel and the U.S.

Cheers.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 28 July 2012 10:09:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David, you always have the defence of "truth". I think it was Orwell who said that telling the truth in an age of universal deceit is a revolutionary act.n. in that sense I am happy to be thought a revolutionary.

You are absolutely right to raise the points you do. Our lame stream media has seriously failed in its duty to discuss a whole range of issues. The extraordinary influence of Israel on US foreign policy is only one of many issues. Given how the events of 11 september 2001 are the purported justification for much of present policy, foreign and domestic, including the current extraordinary proposals to further extend the powers of ASIO, a rational discussion on 9/11 is long overdue.

The average European is far better informed by the media than is the case in Australia about what did and did not happen on that day. Yet here it is the proverbial elephant in the room. And OLO is not exempt from that criticism, although one can raise it in the comments section.

Unless and until we are prepared to have that public debate, free of the idiotic posturings of those who label anything that challenges their world view as "conspiracy theory" we are doomed to go on repeating the appalling mistakes so evident now in Iraq, Afghanistan and, I fear, soon to be Syria and Iran.
Posted by James O'Neill, Saturday, 28 July 2012 1:01:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
James, few people can see the truth. All they do is to mouth the indoctrination they've received from birth and the rote learning they received at school and the false messages that pollute our television screens.

They seem incapable of thinking or seeking out facts for themselves. They seem unable to deal with anyone who questions the status quo about religion, Israel, the imperial U.S., democracy so-called, racism, two-party politics, capitalism, the West, etc, etc.

And they hate people who ridicule mob-speak and sheeple. But if we don't start thinking soon and start punishing the Predators and Parasites and deposing them, we'll have no world left!

Cheers.
Posted by David G, Saturday, 28 July 2012 5:14:42 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David G,
If I can sit down with someone for two hours I can de-program them, it's actually easier because of the fact that we have controlled opposition like Infowars and Cutting Through The Matrix. Exposure to their "Conspiracy Theories" has meant that people's minds are now more open than they were 20 years ago.
"Political Correctness" and the current Orthodoxy is a good place to start and you can draw in people from both the Left and the Right.
This podcast is by someone who's nominally a Leftist:
Thoughts On Political Correctness,- Ray Mangum
http://anarchyandculture.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-01T00_49_15-07_00
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Sunday, 29 July 2012 9:29:15 PM
LOL David G

>>Steven, I know there is a disorder called Severe Religious Derangement Psychosis (SRDP)>>

You're right. There certainly is such a derangement. At the moment it's strongest in countries like Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and among the Palestinians. One of the symptoms is that many of the inhabitants believe they have a sacred duty to exterminate the Jews and quite a few others. But especially the Jews.

Of course they are not the only ones afflicted with a desire to exterminate the Jews. Jewish Extermination Disorder (JED) has afflicted quite a few countries. It sweeps across Europe periodically.

Now those afflicted with JED will run up against Jewish nukes. Wonder how it will all end.

Probably ka BOOM!
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Monday, 30 July 2012 7:36:12 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy